WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just acquired an old GIEZ model from a seller in Japan. It is a collaboration model with MG Car Club. The watch was released in 1999 in a titanium case. I think the first GIEZ model was GS-100-1B (digital display) in 1998. The first analog GIEZ as GS-500-1B and -9A also in 1998. The first generation was just a basic 3-hands (hour-minute-seconds) analog watch. No alarm or stopwatch functions. Time was set through the crown. Only one button on the upper right side for an amazing dial el backlight. The dial face indicates that is WR20BAR and antimag.I. The glass face is not flat, it's a little bit curve out.

So I took a group shot of the old and new GIEZ's together to see how the fist generation compares to the latest GIEZ. Also it is a farewell pic of the GS-1100 which I let it go.

In the family photo
(Left) GS-1300B
(Middle) GS-1100-1A
(Right) GS-500MG-4BT

Side view
(Front) GS-1300B
(Middle) GS-1100-1A
(Rear) GS-500MG-4BT

Backcase
(Left) GS-1300B
(Middle) GS-1100-1A
(Right) GS-500MG-4BT

The GS-500 has 'G' crown

Lume shot of the GS-500MG

My poor lume shot of the GS-1300B and GS-1100

Thanks for watching.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Well done... b-)

I didn't know that MG model existed and I like it a lot. I won't be the only one who would be very happy to own that.

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well done... b-)

I didn't know that MG model existed and I like it a lot. I won't be the only one who would be very happy to own that.
Thanks, Tribe. I did google before the purchase and found this page. GS-500MG-4BT - G-Shock Wiki | casio watch resources Later confirmed with the g-shock perfect bible that it was made 1 year after the first GIEZ and it looks the same. BTW. I also found this thread https://www.watchuseek.com/f17/name-g-quiz-7-a-95593.html

the 1300B seems really nice
Thanks for sharing the photos.
Markoo, I like GS-1300B a lot. The operation is quick. Feature functions (alarm, worldtime, stopwatch) are on sub dial so things move quickly. Unlike GS-1100 which is slow and frustrating.

Very cool. Thanks for taking the time to post this. The Lume looks really cool on the 500mg.
Thanks, :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
gotta say i think i prefer the older and simpler 500 over the newer ones and I usually prefer a somewhat busy and techy looking dial.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts