WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm a new member, first post. My search for info on my old USSR era watch lead me here. I've learned a bit about it. My brother bought this for me in Moscow in the late 70s or early 80s. I wore it a lot as a teenager, but it stops running now at certain positions. It runs fine if I leave it sitting on a table, but not on my wrist. Does anyone know where I can get it fixed (hopefully here in Vancouver, BC)?

I'm going to start looking to add a few more USSR-era Russian watches to my collection.

Attachments

·
Registered
479 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum! What you have is a Slava 26 Jewel. I don't deal with Slava too much (although I'm wearing a Slava quartz right now) , but it sounds like the hairspring may be loose, I had a ZiM once with a loose hairspring that wouldn't run in certain positions. Sorry I couldn't help more, that's all I know.
-Jerry

·
Registered
733 Posts
If you've never had it cleaned and oiled, that is probably the problem.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I take mine to: West Point Grey Time Company
4331 10th Avenue West
Vancouver, BC V6R 2H6

The owner is from Eastern Europe and is familiar with servicing these watches, though it sounds like yours just needs a cleaning which any watchmaker should be able to do.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I'll take it to the place on 10th to get fixed, although I live at the other far end of the city (Surrey).
Mike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts