WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recently given a never worn Seiko Dive watch, SHC033. It is brand new in the box, with all papers, even a hang tag showing a price of $375. Yes, it still has the blue protective plastic on the back cover.
I am wondering which current Seiko Diver would this most compare to? It must be a battery model since it does not say automatic on the face, but it is marked 200m.

Appreciate any help

Attachments

·
Registered
481 Posts
Probably most closely resembles the SKX009, which is the auto 200m diver. SHC033 is a very nice quartz diver imo (although I never saw one actually sell new for close to the msrp), roughly the same size as the 009, but with a bit lower profile. I've had one before and regret selling it! Wear it in good health.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hey Triple D, I truly appreciate the help. This was recently given to me my my 80 year old Uncle who took the place of my Father when I was very small. For that reason it's MSRP is far outweighed by sentimentality. Funny, a few months ago I was flipping a coin as to a 007 or 009 for an everyday watch and now that choice has been made. I really like it's look and size so off we go for a battery. Do you think I should have a full inspection done for water resistance since it has been in his safe so long. And what is a ball park guess as to it's age?
Also, what is this reference to a "Pepsi or Coke" bottle style? Thanks!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Always great to wear a watch with a nice story behind it. Hope you enjoy the shc033. Not sure what the production date range is for that model, but usually the first digit of the serial # is the year of manufacture. Depending on that you may want to get it checked when you change the batt, but I doubt it's lost any water resistance. Pepsi refers to the color of the bezel. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Coke is a combo of silver and red on the bezel....Pepsi is a combo of red and blue on the bezel....I think??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts