WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What daily-wear watch have you had the longest? I've read people mention that they've had the same watch for 15+ years. What's your story?

·
Registered
796 Posts
Omega SMP, 11 years this summer.

·
Registered
8,344 Posts
Bucherer, purchased in 1978.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My dad gave me an ESQ when I was 15 (I think) that I wore constantly up until college. Once I graduated, I got the bracelet fixed and started wearing it again. I am 25 now, so it's been around for about 10 years. It looks tiny on my wrist now, but makes a great beater.

·
Premium Member
7,566 Posts
Purchased new in 1978, worn regularly all over the world. Recently fully serviced and re-dialed by RSC in New York:

It has been a great companion.

·
Registered
8,288 Posts
My oldest watch is this G-Shock bought for me by my wife when we got engaged in 2001. For the first 3 or 4 years I had it it was the only watch I wore and it still gets regular outings.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My dad gave me this Bvlgari Aluminium AL38A in 1999/2000. It sort of grew on me (I didn't like it in the beginning). Now I wear it daily and I just serviced it last year.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
1992 Citizen Aqualand CO23 Depth sensor. Has served me well on many dives from my PADI certification all the way through til last year when I took the batteries out and put it in storage for sentimental reasons.

Attachments

·
Registered
507 Posts
My father bought a gold Omega Seamaster in 1952. Like this one.

He still wears it every day, though not in the pool or ocean.
Outside of a few service trips, that's coming up on 60 years of continuous service!!!|> It's gone through a couple bracelets and a couple dozen straps.
I've clocked a couple years on my SD, but it's (read: I'm) probably not going to make it to 60 years.;-) Prior to that I had 10 on my now dusty IWC GST Chrono.
Cheers!

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
Until I became a WIS, I alsway wore a Timex expedition for the last 15 years or so. I seldom wear it anymore. It has gone through two straps, and believe it or not, still has the original battery.
cottontop

·
Registered
20,963 Posts

December 2008. Wore a Seiko chronograph for three years before that, and a Seiko Perpetual Calendar for two years before that (broken) and a Seiko Kinetic before that, probably 2-3 years (broken and returned to Seiko).

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've worn a stainless steel/goldtone Seiko automatic 6309-809Y T with a 2 tone gold/silver bracelet a 9 facet sapphire crystal, a gold ring around the crystal and a sort of irridescent gold or brown (it's hard to describe) dial with gold hour markers since 1980. Except for the almost 20 years it took me to find another one after I lost the darn thing in Heidelberg, Germany in 1989 (chuckle).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts