WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 225 Posts

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Case - outstanding. 45 x 48 x 15, it's VERY comfortable, with awesome wrist presence. Workmanship is excellent; machining and brushing are as good as any I've seen. The caseback is really cool, as well.

Bezel - Damn. It's firm, but not tight. It will NOT accidentally move, but isn't difficult to rotate as needed. There is zero slop or play, it's uber-precise, and it lines up perfectly. I did pop it off and put the black one on for a second, and it's easy to do so with a razor blade or dedicated tool.

Dial - zero issues that I can see with my eagle eye (no loupe though). I love the legibility of it, it's outstanding. The hands are just awesome; the hour hand comes within a mm or so of the edge of the dial, and the width of the hands add hugely to the overall clean, 'at a glance' effect.

Lume - In short, better than my Seiko Land Monster. The lume is nuclear after exposure, and this lasts significantly longer than any other watch I've owned. It of course tapers off with time, but with simple ambient home exposure at 10pm, it is clearly legible at 4-5am. It is legible at night after being blinded by oncoming headlights while driving; glance down, and I can still tell the time, and this is WITHOUT pre-charging, only ambient exposure throughout the day. The hands last longer than the dial lume.

Strap - I haven't tried the supplied silicone strap yet. It feels very sturdy and nice. The brown leather strap is pretty impressive; thick and strong, nicely finished, and it broke in fairly quickly. I love leather straps, they are the most comfortable, imo. Due to my exceptional ability to sweat, I probably will switch to rubber soon.

Overall - The Olivier garners a TON of comments, from the lady at the post office, to random guy in public, to friends and co-workers. Roland knocked it out when he designed it, and apparently given the comments I've received, as well as response on WUS/elsewhere, a ton of people love it. The watch, in the flesh, is deserving of the attention and praise. I've held it up next to a $13k Panerai, and it does not look out of place in any way. I showed it to my boss, and within 20 seconds he said 'How do I buy one?'. It's that impressive.

On with the pics. Forgive my amateur photography and cell phone:

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Excellent pics and great review. So nice to finally start to see these getting out.
Can't wait for mine!!

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Congratulations Poison! Patiently waiting for the second batch..o|

·
Registered
735 Posts
Very nice! Congrats to you and to Roland for a great looking watch.

·
Registered
311 Posts
What a beauty and well worth the wait! I am just a few miles from Roland. I am gonna bug him and see if I can go pick it up! :p

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Great looking watch.....Congrats

·
Premium Member
4,420 Posts
That's just awesome! Nicely done and thank you for sharing. :-!

Is that the beginning of some patina I see...:-d

·
Registered
559 Posts
Congrats. It is a fine looking watch.:-!

·
Registered
389 Posts
hey finally got it after 300k worth of posts views. :-d u should get an award for the 1st showing of the watch. Looks better than i expected. Happy diving! :-!

·
Registered
274 Posts
I really love the rose color of the bronze. Any chance you can shoot a short video showing the movement of the second hand? Congrats!

Looking forward to mine (2nd batch)

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
1 - 20 of 225 Posts