WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any and all watches that are deemed to be 'vintage' these days seem to be hot property, some really deserve to be collectible, others it's harder to be so definate about.
I'm thinking of the Vietnam era O&W watches, an example that has genuine provenance would obviously have collector value.
I am especially interested in the divers (Caribbean, Earlybird etc) there seems to be a fair amount of info around but very few images of these watches as they came from O&W.

Did they come in a pouch?, did they come in a box? what does the crystal retaining ring 'tool' look like that was supplied with the Caribbean. Are parts still available? I'm thinking specifically of case parts here, crowns, bezels, crystals etc.
Size wise do they measure up to say a Rolex Sub or do they look tiny in compaison (I think the Early Bird measures in at 36mm)?
Any collectors/owners/fans out there please jump in and add to the conversation. The following two images have been lifted from the web.

The 1000M Caribbean.
Ollech & Wajs Caribbean 1000.jpg

The 200M Early Bird.
ollechandwajs_earlybird.jpg

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I posted here because the O&W forum is now Defunct here on WUS. Anyone?

·
Registered
483 Posts
I bought recently an O&W Mirage as well, but with an index dial. Very happy with it, a very clear, easy to read dial. The watch is a bit slow, though, so needs to be regulated.
Here on a Shark mesh.

DSC_9807_b.jpg

Topi

1 - 5 of 5 Posts