WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
That pretty much defines "classic military field watch".

How is the lume?

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Nice looking watch! Do you know if the lume is really tritium since the dial is marked with T-swiss made-T and the T in a circle? Enjoy! Great pix too...

EDIT: Ok, this is not your watch, right? Looks good anyway |>

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have always liked these but the ETA-2824 variant with flat glass looks vastly superior. I am not so sure Albert Wajs makes them still does he? I have one in my collection from 2007. One thing to keep in mind is that this watch is very similar to most W10 models such as Smiths, CWC etc but the glass crystal and screw caseback gives it the edge.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

·
Banned
7,819 Posts
Can anyone shed any light on this little thing ?

Who made them ?

Found someone selling them as NOS , identical case and military markings on the back.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Watch accessory Watch Metal Strap Fashion accessory

Did O&W redial these for their own identical model ? or did they make them in the first place for mil purposes?

What did the MP stand for ?

and does the T stand for tritium?

·
Banned
7,819 Posts
These where never British military watches, so don't know why they put the broad arrow on the dial and case back.
I heard something on the web yesterday that they were made/commissioned for royal navy?, but never finally distributed for some reason?, which is why there are none in their natural habitat as it were

·
Registered
2 Posts
Where did you find someone selling them as NOS? I've been looking to buy this exact watch and can't find it anywhere.

Can anyone shed any light on this little thing ?

Who made them ?

Found someone selling them as NOS , identical case and military markings on the back.

View attachment 934357

View attachment 934358

Did O&W redial these for their own identical model ? or did they make them in the first place for mil purposes?

What did the MP stand for ?

and does the T stand for tritium?

·
Banned
7,819 Posts
A couple of guys (BUT see the proviso below):

There's Chronosammler

who sometimes does them on ebay at same price - and he will do it cheaper for 30-40 euros less with a bank transfer instead of PP

Also http://shop.joseph-watches.com/jose...goria_Military=Si&-max=14&-recid=41076&-find=

near enough same price - but branded Ollech and Wajs this time - same watch though effectively

BUT beware in both cases:
A) the tritium is shot/depleted now , you're getting a watch that won't light fully in the dark
B) Its mineral glass on the front.

SOOOOOOO, what I did was find Mr Kemmner and have him build me a ETA2824 marine watch in effectively the exact same 38mm case, but with sapphire instead - for the same price , got one (already) and now waiting for my militar right now.
https://www.watchuseek.com/f2/just-...rine-38mm-auto-content-815079.html?highlight=

So not the NOS movement , but a very nice gilt (if you want gilt) ETA2824 - with the choice (if you push him) of display or solid back. - all for ~€255

I've got pictures of the Kemmner watches if you want me to send you them, he does 5 or 6 different versions of this 38mm in different combinations of brushed or bead blasted , and display or solid back

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks! I am brand new to Watches. I used to just wear an old Timex until it broke and I also have an Omega that was my grandfathers, but I know nothing about. I saw an IWC MK XI that got me to looking for something WAY cheaper in a similar style and was looking at the MWC MK III until I read some less than favorable reviews and stumbled upon the Ollech and Wajs MP style watches. I don't know anything about what's a good movement, but I think I want the Automatic with Tritium and something I can swim in occasinally. Is it possible to get new tritium in the old watches? I like to ride motorcycles and this would be beneficial at night.

Anyway, I would love if you could send me some pictures of the Kemmner watches!

Cheers!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts