WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm new here and don't know anything about watches.
But I found this watch a few years ago on the street and then I lost it back again in my desk.. But now I have it back and was wondering if someone could tell me anything about the watch. It looks vintage and I did some searching on the internet and there I found out that these watches were made around the 60's.
The back says it's stainless steel, waterresistant, antimagnetic, incabloc, swiss made.
I tried to open the watch to take a picture, but I have no clue how to do it and I don't wan't to ruin the watch.

Can anyone tell me something more about it? Should I clean it up, sell it, throw away,..?

Thank you for your respons,
Maarten

2013-01-06 15.44.19.jpg 2013-01-06 15.44.33.jpg

·
Registered
18,166 Posts
There are special case wrenches which can be used to open the caseback. You can find them on eBay. A movement pic would be necessary to provide much information on these 'un-brand' watches as little else exists. A movement pic can provide approximate dating and insight into the basic quality of the watch.

The dial style looks 60's to me. A new crystal and some time polishing (and a service!!) would make this very wearable!

These kinds of vintage bring no real prestige to the wearer but almost no one ever notices what you are wearing EXCEPT YOURSELF! I like wearing these vintage pieces. They give me joy. I like looking at my wrist (and often don't even notice the actual time :-d). If you like it, fix it up and wear it.

Reactions: redcow

·
Registered
941 Posts
I have two Olma watches, one with ETA 2750, and the other one with FHF, the case back is very similar to yours.

IMG_0126.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

It is worth to note that Olma is still in existence today, targeted towards asia market. They house eta movements, notably the models with power reserve.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts