WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I found this Olma advertised on e--bay today. Looks similar to the Olma above:

OLMA Caravelle 200, Cal AS 1902/03, Ref no. 8611, men´s wristwatch, 37 mm, steel, self winding, plastic crystal, date, turning inner bezel, nicedial (8/10), , approx 1968. working

·
Registered
5 Posts
This description didn't appear with the image above:

OLMA Caravelle 200, Cal AS 1902/03, Ref no. 8611, men´s wristwatch, 37 mm, steel, self winding, plastic crystal, date, turning inner bezel, nicedial (8/10), , approx 1968. working

·
Premium Member
6,609 Posts
OK, after seeing two examples, I'm willing to believe that those hands are correct, but I still think they look terrible on that watch. Too short, and completely mismatched with the style of the markers. Other than that, it looks nice. Is is a true super-compressor, i.e. EPSA case?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Dan, the hands and the watch itself are in poor condition as you can see. There is also a couple of photos of the internals as well as the back of the case. If you look closely you can make out the word 'Incabloc' on the very worn case back. Inside the case back you can just make-out the word 'Supercompressor'.

·
Premium Member
6,609 Posts
That is indeed an EPSA super-compressor case, which makes it more collectible, although this type of case is not generally as desirable as the round cases. Just not as popular for some reason. Obviously the OP's example is in much better shape.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts