WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
I don't think I've ever heard of one so close, and slow at that!
Well done ww!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Mine is definitely losing seconds I have been matching it with the navy.mil clock all day at work and so far it has lost around 4 seconds...shucks I prefer watches to run fast......

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Well I am not an expert here, but accuracy needs to be monitored over a period of time. It might be days, weeks and months. I've not timed my OM or BM though but I know that an ex-mod here owned both the BM & OM which run dead on for both watch over a week.

That said, I think every auto watch needs to break-in at least a month or so with constant wearing or on winder.

Of course it is good to monitor auto watches once we get them in the first few days. Just make sure they are not far too off by minutes.

JMO. :)

·
Registered
401 Posts
Mine is dead nuts until I pick it up and give it the ole long jiggle to wind it fully and it will race forward 7-10 seconds. It is kinda strange. Its about 15 seconds fast after resetting it 3 days ago( wearing it and not shaking it to wind it). Not bad for a cheapo.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Mine is dead nuts until I pick it up and give it the ole long jiggle to wind it fully and it will race forward 7-10 seconds. It is kinda strange. Its about 15 seconds fast after resetting it 3 days ago( wearing it and not shaking it to wind it). Not bad for a cheapo.
Btw, I would not wind it if I were you. :-X Cos the Monsters cannot be wound!;-) You might spoil it if you do.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Ah I see! Sorry I did not notice what you type.:oops:O| I meant it can't be hand wound by the crown but it can be wound by hand movt as it is an automatic watch. :)

·
Registered
735 Posts
I've got a few 7s models as well, and they do all run fast. +12 to +30. They are consistent though, so I decided once they were broken in I'd just adjust them down.

·
Registered
9,327 Posts
I have a few 7s26 Seikos - they run ~20s fast per day. Not a big deal to me. Also have some 7s25 JDM Samurais and they are a little better - 10-15s fast per day. The 7s25 models wind much quicker as well, I've found.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I started adjusting two of mine. One 7s26, one 7s36. Both were +25 to 30. After a few adjustments I've got them down to +11 and -4. Just bumped the +11 down and -4 up so we'll see. I'm trying to get them to +5 a day or better on the winder.

These movements are very consistent, so I'm betting once I get them right they keep really good time.

·
Registered
345 Posts
i just got back 10mins ago from some dude.. fixed my bracelet.. 1 link removed.. he also used some electronic "device" to measure the acuracy.. he told me that my black monster is running -2/day... i have no clue how that device works.. but if really runs -2/day ill get drunk :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts