WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Could anybody tell me anything about this? Thanks!
1. I think the dial is original from the 1930's. Very nice looking. The lacquer and gilt printing seem to be in excellent condition
2. The hands seem to be mismatched, but you might be able to find a correct minutes hand with some careful searching. I think the hours hand is the correct one for this watch.
3. I think the movement is a cal. 26,5 SOB T3, but you'd need to get a closer look.
4. Not sure about the case, although the Omega marking looks more or less correct.

In fact, I think you need to get a closer look at the whole watch or hedge your bet by bidding very cheap on it, in case it turns out not to be real.

Hope this helps,
gatorcpa

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. I think the dial is original from the 1930's. Very nice looking. The lacquer and gilt printing seem to be in excellent condition
2. The hands seem to be mismatched, but you might be able to find a correct minutes hand with some careful searching. I think the hours hand is the correct one for this watch.
3. I think the movement is a cal. 26,5 SOB T3, but you'd need to get a closer look.
4. Not sure about the case, although the Omega marking looks more or less correct.

In fact, I think you need to get a closer look at the whole watch or hedge your bet by bidding very cheap on it, in case it turns out not to be real.

Hope this helps,
gatorcpa
Thanks gatorcpa! I believe to be real. Just 'well preserved' I may take the chance.. I love old original black dials and this is 80 years old!! That alone will make me smile. I'll send some more pictures through when it arrives. By the way, are these watches common?

·
Premium Member
12,932 Posts
Pretty sure it is an Omega Söveran, looks like a lot to these models destined to the swedish market during world war II

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pretty sure it is an Omega Söveran, looks like a lot to these models destined to the swedish market during world war II
Wow - interesting stuff! I've heard a bit about these officers & Söveran watches used for the Nordic and Swedish markets during WW2..I can't find very much online at all! There are similar watches but nothing the same. Hopefully if all is well it will become something rather rare..

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just arrived! :) only a few snaps as I'm going away today..

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355317328.075634.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355317375.823123.jpg

Not bad for an 80 year old watch..wound her up and she's started clunking away..

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I think the dial is excellent on this watch, one the better ones I've seen.

Get the hands sorted out and it looks like a winner to me.
gatorcpa

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think the dial is excellent on this watch, one the better ones I've seen.

Get the hands sorted out and it looks like a winner to me.
gatorcpa
I would but I have no idea where to start looking?..I'm from UK..if you have any ideas let me know..! It's definitely my new favourite watch..

·
Registered
18,163 Posts
I tasted it and it tasted like a redial. What is its provenance?

·
Registered
18,163 Posts

·
Registered
18,163 Posts
What makes you say that??
There is some possibility this is not a redial... but it looked like one to me and given it's source, redial is the most likely reason it looks like a redial.

If it looks like too good a deal, it probably is. Sorry.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
There is some possibility this is not a redial... but it looked like one to me and given it's source, redial is the most likely reason it looks like a redial.

If it looks like too good a deal, it probably is. Sorry.
It's not actually from India. I am so new to this watch collecting but, I believe it's just very well preserved..it's just impossible to know for sure. I can't find anything on this watch, nothing like it picture wise on the web. All the seller said was it was a manual wind cal. 26.5 SOB T2..from 1935. There is no mention the dial is original other than it is extremely well preserved with no flaking, so it may have been re-done early on..

1 - 20 of 34 Posts