WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my favorite watches of all time. Getting ready to purchase. Since getting a new one is more of a dream. I've been cruising the various blogs and secondary market websites. Couple of questions:

-I've been trying to buy one with a serial number from as most recent a year as possible. This seems to be around 2007(ish). Anything wrong with a 2254.50.00 from say the year 2000? Were there any generational improvements with the movement/watch during that span of years? Or is it best to stick with as new as possible for a given reason?

-At first I was trying to buy one that hadn't been polished. But given the years 2007-2008 when these were discontinued, most likely they've all been serviced at least 1-2 times, so finding one without some kind of polish my not be realistic. Any opinions on this matter? Anything to look for in pictures that might indicate "light polishing" vs "heavy polishing"?

-Any websites that are better than others in the secondary 2254.50.00 market?

Thanks for any help you can provide. This is a great forum.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Just look for sharp lines on the case and make sure the "teeth" on the scalloped bezel aren't polished down to points. I haven't heard of improvements in later watches vs earlier but I understand the desire for a later one.

Good:

Not so good.

Reactions: keisuke_z

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
The 22545000 remained constant in terms of movement and case details over it's life, so the only thing to be concerned with is condition.

Cheers, Al

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Just look for sharp lines on the case and make sure the "teeth" on the scalloped bezel aren't polished down to points. I haven't heard of improvements in later watches vs earlier but I understand the desire for a later one.

Good:
View attachment 15925302

Not so good.

View attachment 15925315
Just curious, other than the scratches on the bezel insert what do you find ‘not so good’ about the second piece?

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Just curious, other than the scratches on the bezel insert what do you find ‘not so good’ about the second piece?
The Bezel "teeth" have different widths. Looks like they have been polished to a point were some of them are almost pointed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ended up purchasing a 2254.50.00 from a website I have seen referenced many times here. Paid more than I wanted to, around $3100, however very nice example. Also included box and papers.

I don't know what the rules are for posting company names here, but lets just use the initials "SWE". This site offers a authenticity guarantee, but only 10 days to return if necessary.

I'm traveling right now and don't really want to give up the watch to an Omega boutique for a few days. Everything looks right to me.

Has anyone looking at this post purchased form this site in the past, had any issues? Thanks in advance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts