WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After thinking about where all the jewels are located in my Omega 2500C movement, I decided to use an official Omega datasheet to help me find out where exactly they all are. For those of you who want to look at the datasheet I have placed a link. There are 27 jewels total in the 2500C.

For those of you who have the Omega 1120 movement, instead of duplicating the thread, I have placed a blue checkmark next to jewel locations that are NOT in the 1120 movement. Some of the 1120's parts have different names, although the actual locations are the same. For those of you who want to look at the 1120 datasheet, I have placed a link also. The 1120 has 23 jewels.

http://www.cousinsuk.com/PDF/categories/1013_Omega 2500C.pdf

http://www.cousinsuk.com/PDF/categories/1011_Omega1120A.pdf

2500C Jewel 1.jpg

2500C Jewel 2.jpg

2500C Jewel 3.jpg

2500C Jewel 4.jpg

2500C Jewels 7.jpg

2500C Jewel 5.jpg

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
That's a really cool thing to have done. I enjoyed, thanks.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
Those little red figures are where and how much oil needs to be put in each area, is that right?
Hey A,

Yes, they indicate the location (sometimes quite vaguely), the type, and sometimes a (again quite vague) indication of the quantity of lubrication to be used. For example the asterisk inside the little drop pointing to the reversing wheel and the oscillating weight bearing indicates "very small quantity" so you have to know what this means in order to follow the guide. If you don't know where to place the Moebius 9010 in the reversing wheel, you will end up with a wheel that isn't working, the rotor spinning as you manually wind the watch, and eventually damage to the winding parts.

These guides are certainly helpful, but not all encompassing when it comes to giving you what is needed to perform a service.

Cheers, Al

·
Registered
314 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I noticed that the diagram calls for very little oil on the the escapement wheel.. But I thought that one of the advantages of the co-axial escapement was that it didn't need oil?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts