WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

Need some help here. Found this watch on a local listing. The watch has the 2914-2 ref. as a railmaster but the dial is a Flightmaster like the one used on the FAP models. Is it possible that the watch has had the dial changed? Or did Omega make some flightmaster variants as well? The cal. is 284 and the serial 158xxxxxx dates it to around 58 which seems legit. Also the condition is you know - never polished :)

what is your thoughts and what would you be willing to spent on it on an auction?

Attachments

·
Registered
458 Posts
First I'm sorry so many people read your post and did not reply. That is no way to treat a first time poster.

That said vintage watches should only be purchased by experienced buyers and from reputable vintage dealers. Vintage is a mine field. Many frankenwatches out there, and servicing can be very expensive. If you don't know what you are doing, you can get ripped off big time. That one diamond in the rough is never found in my experience.

If you want a vintage watch, its is best to pay more for a clean and original example, from a reputable vintage dealer, that has been serviced by an expert watchmaker. You will avoid headaches trust me

·
Registered
180 Posts
Very sagely advice from @othertbone .........Hello, and welcome to the forum!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts