WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on Omega Seamaster 300M (blue) on bracelet. I would love to have a rubber strap also but there is an option of rubber strap with buckle or deployment clasp.

If we forget about the cost (deployment clasp is +200$), what would you choose and why?

I'm sure deployment clasp looks better but is it also comfortable (my wrist is smallish - 6,7 inches)?

Watch Hand Analog watch Gesture Clock

Watch Analog watch Gesture Clock Finger

Reactions: usmc_k9_vet

·
Registered
581 Posts
I prefer they buckle version. It has a triangle hole on the end of the strap and a triangle plug on the keeper to hold it in place.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I would say the buckle. It’s design is great as it doesn’t place added tension or stress when putting on and removing. More importantly, it’s so comfortable. I have not tried the deployant clasp but can’t imagine adding more metal would make the strap more comfortable.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I’m also contemplating getting a Seamaster 300 on rubber strap.

I get the argument about the buckle.

The “pro” for the deployment clasp (for me) would be that it’s slightly easier to use…harder to drop the watch since the “loop” is always closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,862 Posts
Rubber with clasp for me. Price sits at a total $300 bucks out the door. The deployant looks nice, but also harder to adjust on the fly for a quick-adjust. I haven't seen a deployant that doesn't add significant thickness at the clasp making the watch strap feel slightly weird right at the clasp when you have rubber or leather.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Both are nice but I prefer the clasp better, it makes the watch look more refined, the rubber with tang buckle can be sourced from third parties at a much cheaper cost

·
Premium Member
38,936 Posts
I agree. Both work very well, but IMHO, the watch presents itself a bit better with the clasp.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I think there are better looking non-OEM straps available that are every bit as good and as comfortable. If you're going to go bracelet, it may be a good idea to look at the aftermarket strap offerings (Hirsch, Zealande, and others) before dropping that much money on an Omega rubber strap. That said, many folks love the OEM strap.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I have the regular tang buckle and it is very comfortable. The deployant looks like it would feel awkward and thick, with the three-layer sandwich of rubber, metal, and rubber. The strap with the tang buckle is also cheaper, "only" $250.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I've tried both. Aesthetics and ease of wearing is well worth the premium for the deployant. Easy to adjust on the fly with me, as the standard OEM buckle is difficult to put on and adjust for me due to the design of the curved pin.

Deployant looks so elegant compared to regular tang buckle. For diving purposes, would not go for the deployant though.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've tried both. Aesthetics and ease of wearing is well worth the premium for the deployant. Easy to adjust on the fly with me, as the standard OEM buckle is difficult to put on and adjust for me due to the design of the curved pin.

Deployant looks so elegant compared to regular tang buckle. For diving purposes, would not go for the deployant though.

@MackyP - That strap and clasp looks great. Is that an OEM Omega rubber strap and OEM deployment clasp for the Seamaster? My local OB said that Omega only has the rubber strap and buckle for the SMP. Thank you!

·
Registered
518 Posts
@MackyP - That strap and clasp looks great. Is that an OEM Omega rubber strap and OEM deployment clasp for the Seamaster? My local OB said that Omega only has the rubber strap and buckle for the SMP. Thank you!

Thanks. Yes OEM rubber and deployant. My AD wasn't aware that these are available. Here are the part #'s:

Black Rubber Strap
Small: 032CVZ015754 – (18.575cm)
Regular Length: 032CVZ015752 – (20.675cm)
Large: 032CVZ015755 - (22.675cm)

Blue Rubber Strap
Small: 032CVZ015756 - (18.575cm)
Regular: 032CVZ015753 - (20.675cm)
Large: 032CVZ15757 - (22.675cm)

Steel Folding Buckle
18mm: 94521883

·
Premium Member
2,005 Posts
I wanted a deployant pretty badly for a few years and finally got one recently.

If you have small wrists, it adds a lot of bulk inside the strap under your wrist. I have 6.25" wrists and was going back and forth between the last and second to last hole for a few weeks trying to find which one was most comfortable. I think I have it where I want it now, but I was nervous that it just wasn't going to work at all for a few days. It sure does look nice and is nice to operate.

If I had to do it all over again, I'd get a regular tang buckle, and then get a strap in the right length for my wrist. Guess you can do that with the deployant too, but you're limited to bespoke guys who make straps to the Omega deployant pattern.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I wanted a deployant pretty badly for a few years and finally got one recently.

If you have small wrists, it adds a lot of bulk inside the strap under your wrist. I have 6.25" wrists and was going back and forth between the last and second to last hole for a few weeks trying to find which one was most comfortable. I think I have it where I want it now, but I was nervous that it just wasn't going to work at all for a few days. It sure does look nice and is nice to operate.

If I had to do it all over again, I'd get a regular tang buckle, and then get a strap in the right length for my wrist. Guess you can do that with the deployant too, but you're limited to bespoke guys who make straps to the Omega deployant pattern.
My wrist is a bit bigger, 6,7 inches, so i hope deployant will work. I'm set for deployant now because i love the look. So much cleaner and "premium".

Reactions: Deity42

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thanks. Yes OEM rubber and deployant. My AD wasn't aware that these are available. Here are the part #'s:

Black Rubber Strap
Small: 032CVZ015754 – (18.575cm)
Regular Length: 032CVZ015752 – (20.675cm)
Large: 032CVZ015755 - (22.675cm)

Blue Rubber Strap
Small: 032CVZ015756 - (18.575cm)
Regular: 032CVZ015753 - (20.675cm)
Large: 032CVZ15757 - (22.675cm)

Steel Folding Buckle
18mm: 94521883
Thank you!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts