WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get another watch. I would love to get a white dial chronograph. I see the Omega Speedmaster 3513 is in my range. I also noticed the Sinn 103. I know Omega and think the quality is great for my purposes. Is the Sinn a better watch quality wise? I do like the fact that the Sinn has a screw down crown. Is the Omega 3513 of lesser quality than the Omega Speedmaster Professional since they are cheaper on the used market? Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
I'd go with the Sinn, just because the 103 is one of my favorite chronos. There's nothing wrong with that Omega either, it sells for less than the Pro just because the Pro is so popular. Quality wise, either of your options is top notch, and both use the same movement.

·
Premium Member
7,337 Posts
On aesthetics, I would go for the Sinn. I think it looks fantastic. It is extremely thick (even for a chronograph) at 17mm though, which would make it just a bit too thick for my tastes. As jswing stated, both the Sinn and Omega are quality options.

·
Registered
14,087 Posts
I would imagine the Omega would be higher quality but I can't say that particular model does much for me in the looks department. Omega has a ton of other dial options even a panda dial similar to the Sinn.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I think you'd be surprised by the build quality of Sinns, theye very much over-engineered - in typical German fashion. The Omega may have a finer case and dial finishing however. Specs wise (WR, shock-resistance, anti-magnetism, scratch resistance, etc) I'd imagine the Sinn has it too.

I'd pick the Sinn. Very well built, well priced, non-pretentious and more congruent with my tastes; the Omega is too dressy for a Speedmaster imo. Plus I think the Sinn will work better with more different types of straps, which is always fun :)

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Not a fan of chronos w/o a tachy but they should look like what they are - a tool watch.
Of the two I'd wear then Sinn.
I want to like the white Speedy Auto but....
there seems to be something..............
it just kinda looks..............
what I mean is that it reminds me of.............
oh Hell, it's just looks girly to me.
There you have it. Politically incorrect maybe but lets be honest here - a pink 'gator would look right at home on that watch.

·
Registered
6,270 Posts
That Sinn..oh, that Sinn! Gorgeous. Nothin' wrong with Omega, but I'm not crazy about that particular model. The 103, however, is a classic.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
I was thinkin' maybe I'd been too harsh on the Speedy Auto, I mean lot's of people have them, they might be more manly looking than I give them credit for...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................nope, I was right the first time-
Girly Speedy.jpg

Put that strap on a Pro, a Sub, or even the Sinn and it's like a tutu on Dick Butkus but it fits the Auto perfectly.

·
Registered
317 Posts
SINN + 1

but the Omega still looks nice

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was thinkin' maybe I'd been too harsh on the Speedy Auto, I mean lot's of people have them, they might be more manly looking than I give them credit for...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................nope, I was right the first time-
View attachment 2072674

Put that strap on a Pro, a Sub, or even the Sinn and it's like a tutu on Dick Butkus but it fits the Auto perfectly.
Some pretty funny comments here. I am leaning more towards the Sinn. I like the screw down crown and panda dial. I like the Omega for the tachymeter. Sometimes I have to laugh at my First World problems. Thanks for your advice everyone.

Reactions: Ottski44

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
I know this reflects my particular mentality when looking for watches... "EVERYONE has an Omega, go for the Sinn!"

Actually, I own both Omega and Sinn but hardly ever wear the Speedmaster.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I like the Omega personally. Just the appearance is more attractive and modern in my opinion. Also, Omega is one of the most well respected watch brands in the world, you just can't go wrong with one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
307 Posts
Different face either black or silver. Compae the black speedy and then see. But that sinn looks very nice.

from Tapatalk and my fingers

1 - 16 of 16 Posts