WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not heart broken, but pretty darn close. The hands on my Omega must be all worn out. Over the last 5 years the second and minute hands seem to fall off at the slightest bump. So I decided to order a new set. While I was waiting to make a purchase and the time it took to get here,
the watch sat on my work bench uncovered. Mistake I know. I was super gluing a crack in a plastic gun sight at that bench and the tooth pick
with the super glue fell out of my hand and I tied to catch it. Flipped up in the air and landed on the uncovered watch. Landed on the word seamaster. I thought if I tried to wipe
it or any action would cause more damage. What to do now is the big question. The watch runs great. It's the only Omega I have.

At first I thought about selling it as a parts watch. But that was the heat of the moment. Any comments about how to fix this would be
appreciated. Thanks for checking it out, Bryon C.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I've heard you can get rid of super glue with hot water.. maybe try that? At least it shouldn't wipe the rest of it off with it like acetone would..

I'd do some more research first though!

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
+1 to that. It is an atrocious redial, and it also looks like the hour marker at 12 isn't right at all- possibly a (pretty bad) replacement.
Here's what your watch is and how should it look:
OMEGA Watches: Vintage Details

1 - 6 of 6 Posts