WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two omega 563 movements, one 1967 which is a quick date push-pull.

The other 563 is a 1970 and is not a quick date change.

I thought the earlier was a back & forward quick change than the push-pull date change. So did they do away with the quick change date sometime between 1967 and 1970?

Both are in excellent condition, which would be the better movement to keep??

Thank you in advance for any help

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
All Cal. 563 will have the push-pull quick date change. So if one you have that has 563 on the wheel train bridge doesn't have the quick date change, there are a few possibilities:

1 - The wheel train bridge has been swapped from another movement, and this really isn't a 563.

2 - The parts for the quick date change are broken - typically this would be the part that advances the date indicator, as it can break if the quick change is used while the date is in the process of changing.

3 - Parts of the quick change mechanism are missing.

If this is a Cal. 563 there should be 3 positions for the crown:

1 - Winding - up against the case
2 - Time setting - pulled out one stop
3 - Quick change - pulled out two stops.

If there isn't a third position, then likely this is not a 563.

Cheers, Al

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
I think between the answers you have here, and from the duplicate post you made on OF, you have all the information you need.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well not really. So if the push-pull date is broke, it does not pullout the extra distance. Will the date change like a non push-pull?

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Well not really.
Okay then, thanks for letting me know.

So if the push-pull date is broke, it does not pullout the extra distance.
Go back and read again - that's not what I said. If it it's broken, it will pull out to the third position, but the date will not advance. If it doesn't pull pout to the third position, then it doesn't have the quick set date, and is likely not really a 563.

Will the date change like a non push-pull?
It will change when you rotate the hands through 24 hours. There is no other style of quick set date on these calibers.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, I checked again and pulled a little more and it works as it should. I was just cautious about pulling to much and damaging the stem. Thanks again for the help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts