WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think of this watch?
Seems like a reasonable buy for a pre owned watch, and looks beautiful to me.
Would this watch work with perlon straps as well?
I love the simplicity in the dial, and the look it has.

What do you guys think of this watch for a first buy?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
IMO, couldn't go wrong with an AT. The new one's are great - high quality finishing, in-house movement, antimagnetic, timeless styling. My only regret is not getting one sooner.

Reactions: masterpro

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IMO, couldn't go wrong with an AT. The new one's are great - high quality finishing, in-house movement, antimagnetic, timeless styling. My only regret is not getting one sooner.
Thanks for the response!
I remember trying one a while ago and liking it a lot.
After hunting online for a very long time, it seems like this is the only one that catches my eye.
It doesn't have too much on the dial. Good size, more simple, and very elegant looking.

How much does a new one run for? I've only been looking at pre owned ones..

·
Registered
Rolex datejust
1,189 Posts
Can't go wrong with an AT. Personally I love Omega. Their seamaster line is my favorite as I am a fan of not only the co-axial movement but diver watches in general. Also check out speedmaster line as well. Hamilton has good offerings. Maybe something by breitling or if you're lucky a pre-owned Rolex for 5k would be a literal steal.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can't go wrong with an AT. Personally I love Omega. Their seamaster line is my favorite as I am a fan of not only the co-axial movement but diver watches in general. Also check out speedmaster line as well. Hamilton has good offerings. Maybe something by breitling or if you're lucky a pre-owned Rolex for 5k would be a literal steal.
Hey there! Thanks for the response.
I have actually come across some nice black and white dialled rolex date just that look very beautiful, and much under 5K.
I am not a fan of steel and they look great in leather and also a perlon strap.
It is indeed an option.

·
Premium Member
36,141 Posts
AT would be a great first watch for anyone. Classic design, very versatile, and great build quality.

I say go for it!

·
Sponsor
13,141 Posts
AT is beautiful and flexible. If have a silver 2500 AT, purchased new when it first came out. More than 10 years later it still keeps perfect time. And its so flexible it works with everything. And it takes well to straps too. If going quartz, Quartz ATs are relatively affordable and maintenance-free while looking exactly the same

·
Registered
58 Posts
I think it would make a great first watch. Or a great only watch, for that matter. Recently picked up the AT 8500 blue, and it is terrific. Seems classically shaped, awesome dial that is interesting with depth without being cluttered, elegantly styled, great movement that can be seen from the case back. I happen to think it looks great, and it is the versatility that I also really enjoy.

·
Registered
testing testing something pizza
23,730 Posts
I'd get one as a first watch or a fourth watch. I once reasoned that it's almost too versatile to keep a spot if I have two or three more specialized watches. Sticking with Omegas, let's say I had a Deville and SMP—an AT would either steal wrist time from the other two, or it would be neglected as the Deville and SMP are better for the dress and casual/daily roles.

Still, there's no way I would turn down an AT. I've stood there at the dealer with one in hand, trying to decide if I could suffer the consequences of bringing one home without the CFO's approval.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
AT is an awesome first watch. I just bought one for my daughter.

·
Registered
17,432 Posts
The AT may be the most versatile watch in my collection. Can be dressed up or down. The blue dial is stunning.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you all for the responses.
I am definitely looking to get it.
Was at Rolex earlier today just checking out the DateJust, as it was my other option.
Though I love the way it looks, I feel as though the Omega is much more appropriate for my age(24), and is a perfect watch for me.

Just looking to see if anyone out there has one on a leather strap? Or a perlon?
I am generally not a fan of steel.

Thanks for the responses guys I appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
although technically a Tissot PRC200 was my first "real watch" I picked up an AT last week as my first Automatic.

have been looking at the for ages and had actually moved on to other choices, actually had a IWC Aquatimer on hold when i found my way into the Omega boutique and tried it on...i like to think the ease at which i was able to decide to spend so much money shows how good it is!

IMG_0783.JPG IMG_0846.JPG

·
Registered
6,812 Posts
OP: AT is very versatile; dress up, dress down. It would be a great choice.

·
Premium Member
22,572 Posts
I agree that the Aqua Terra would be a great choice as a first watch, due to its versatility. I would strongly recommend getting it on a bracelet even if you have no intention of wearing it on the bracelet, since it would be very expensive to buy the bracelet after the fact, and the premium for the bracelet over the strap is only $100. You'll also have a tough time reselling the watch if you don't have the bracelet, and in any case, the bracelet will give it additional versatility.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts