WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently sold my previous Omega but now I’m already looking for a new one, only 3 days later... been set on the aqua terra or a seamaster. It’s a MUST that it has a display case back. So a relatively new watch.

Ive been looking around for a bit but I’m a bit unsure what prices I should be paying for respective model. I’ve checked my AD but prices are really high, so they have the ability to decrease the price a bit? also, for what you would pay for the respective watches, which one is “best value”? I’m guessing the seamaster?

lastly, I should add, any good European sellers of these two models? Anything outside the EU is a no go.

thanks a lot!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would take the SMP, just because I think it’s a watch that can be worn to any occasion be it a fancy dinner or hanging out with friends.

I don’t know any sellers in Europe, but I imagine there is a recommendation list somewhere in here. I would not want to pay more than 3700 Euros (~$4300 USD) on a new bracelet SMP with box and papers.

Good luck with the search!

-T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
I would agree that you probably get more "value" in the Seamaster as far as features and soecs, but I think an AT is the more versatile and better all-around watch. As far as where to buy, I got mine through chron24. I bought it from a US seller, but the watch came from an AD in the EU, brand new with completed warranty card, box/papers etc. I was very pleased with the experience and price.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
I looks as though you have a BB58 and a Rolex OP. The Seamaster would make more sense in your collection. The AT is too similar to the OP I think.

·
Registered
550 Posts
As beautiful as the AT is, I think Seamaster Diver is the quentissential Omega right now. Perhaps even more recognized than the famed Speedmaster, especially to the younger crowd. Its also priced very aggressively but is being subjected to consistent Omega price increases. They were around $4500 CDN not too long ago and now have crept to a little over $5K in the grey market.

·
Registered
98 Posts
As beautiful as the AT is, I think Seamaster Diver is the quentissential Omega right now. Perhaps even more recognized than the famed Speedmaster, especially to the younger crowd. Its also priced very aggressively but is being subjected to consistent Omega price increases. They were around $4500 CDN not too long ago and now have crept to a little over $5K in the grey market.
The Aqua Terra is better more anonymous which is better

Plus have the Seamaster which is more recognised and very accurate...But cannot touch my Seiko LX which is a much more accurate movement & very anonymous

Especially in this current situation with people losing their jobs who wants to wear a flash overpriced watch

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would take the SMP, just because I think it’s a watch that can be worn to any occasion be it a fancy dinner or hanging out with friends.

I don’t know any sellers in Europe, but I imagine there is a recommendation list somewhere in here. I would not want to pay more than 3700 Euros (~$4300 USD) on a new bracelet SMP with box and papers.

Good luck with the search!

-T

hmmm... probably going to get the SMP but I can't find it under 4200€. Maybe that is reasonable considering prices are a bit higher in Europe.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would agree that you probably get more "value" in the Seamaster as far as features and soecs, but I think an AT is the more versatile and better all-around watch. As far as where to buy, I got mine through chron24. I bought it from a US seller, but the watch came from an AD in the EU, brand new with completed warranty card, box/papers etc. I was very pleased with the experience and price.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Prob gonna go for the SMP but I'm gonna try them both out next week. If you've still got the AT some pics could be cool! If you feel like it :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I looks as though you have a BB58 and a Rolex OP. The Seamaster would make more sense in your collection. The AT is too similar to the OP I think.
Yea probably gonna get the SMP but the AT is still an alternative. If I get the AT I'm ging to sell the OP. I never really use it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Aqua Terra is better more anonymous which is better

Plus have the Seamaster which is more recognised and very accurate...But cannot touch my Seiko LX which is a much more accurate movement & very anonymous

Especially in this current situation with people losing their jobs who wants to wear a flash overpriced watch

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
Luckily for me, I don't have a job so I'm all set at least :)

·
Premium Member
11,454 Posts
As someone mentioned, I’d use Chrono24 to search for the AT or Seamaster. Check the sellers references and make sure that you get the Omega warranty and you shouldn’t have a problem. Also when searching is the EU filter to make searches easier. I’ve bought both a PO8900 and Speedy Pro w/o issues.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Prob gonna go for the SMP but I'm gonna try them both out next week. If you've still got the AT some pics could be cool! If you feel like it :)
Check out this thread of mine. :)

Also, in looking for the thread above I found this thread too.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Check out this thread of mine. :)

Also, in looking for the thread above I found this thread too.

Wow tjat thing is absolutely gorgeous!! I can’t wait to try one out!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Great thread!
I picked up my AT 38mm white dial for $3675 new from AD.
But if a black wave SMP was at or around the same price, I would have a dilemma on which model to go for. I passed on the 41mm black dial AT, because it didn’t sing to me as much as the white dial.

Have fun making up your mind and try to visit a store where you can the watches on. I wouldn’t buy sight unseen for that kind of money. Takes away the fun in the hunt. But deciding on a piece and then buying online is fun because of the money that can potentially be saved.

·
Registered
124 Posts
go to the AD and try them both on, then follow your heart
(although my heart changes day to day it seems).

Or, if you can't decide - sleep on it and see which one keeps popping back up in your head
(I vote AT, BTW).

·
Registered
15 Posts
see
Great thread!
I picked up my AT 38mm white dial for $3675 new from AD.
But if a black wave SMP was at or around the same price, I would have a dilemma on which model to go for. I passed on the 41mm black dial AT, because it didn’t sing to me as much as the white dial.

Have fun making up your mind and try to visit a store where you can the watches on. I wouldn’t buy sight unseen for that kind of money. Takes away the fun in the hunt. But deciding on a piece and then buying online is fun because of the money that can potentially be saved.

Hi, I am interested in adding this AT, which AD did you purchase from to get this fantastic deal? Thanks!

·
Registered
9,834 Posts
I'd go the AT. Seriously underrated, in my opinion. It's kinda like a 'dressy' sports watch, if that makes sense? For that reason, I think it's a more flexible option.
I'll own up to being a little biased. I have an AT and I'm not a huge fan of the skeleton hands.

·
Registered
248 Posts
see

Hi, I am interested in adding this AT, which AD did you purchase from to get this fantastic deal? Thanks!
This was a local AD called Reeds. My local city AD stopped selling over Omega because they switched over to Tudor to hopefully gain Rolex.
And it was almost 2 years ago.

·
Registered
189 Posts
They are obviously completely different styles of watch and unless you’re an omega fan I don’t think there’s much of a crossover between the 2. If it’s relevant to you, I think that the AT is easier to dress down than the SMP is to dress up. I really like the SMP but I went for an AT but also have a PO
6D100BBC-E8AA-4ED9-A1C8-E1A45C426659.jpeg

·
Registered
523 Posts
Aqua Terra is by far the more versatile watch and fits to every occasion. The SMP looks ridiculous with a suit.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts