WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
I would agree that you probably get more "value" in the Seamaster as far as features and soecs, but I think an AT is the more versatile and better all-around watch. As far as where to buy, I got mine through chron24. I bought it from a US seller, but the watch came from an AD in the EU, brand new with completed warranty card, box/papers etc. I was very pleased with the experience and price.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Would you mind sharing the seller's name? For those of us in the EU? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
I'll see what I can do later today.

Reactions: RMerc

·
Registered
106 Posts
Well that particular piece has an important background story.

Prince William received that Omega Seamaster from his mom (Princess Diana) who obviously passed away tragically several years ago.

That watch has great sentimental value and thats probably why you barely ever see Prince William without his Seamaster on his wrist.

Personally, I dont think the Seamaster is the most suited watch to be worn with a suit...
...However...
I feel like the Omega SM is still one of the most versatile pieces out there and you would do just fine if you were to do so.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Recently sold my previous Omega but now I’m already looking for a new one, only 3 days later... been set on the aqua terra or a seamaster. It’s a MUST that it has a display case back. So a relatively new watch.

Ive been looking around for a bit but I’m a bit unsure what prices I should be paying for respective model. I’ve checked my AD but prices are really high, so they have the ability to decrease the price a bit? also, for what you would pay for the respective watches, which one is “best value”? I’m guessing the seamaster?

lastly, I should add, any good European sellers of these two models? Anything outside the EU is a no go.

thanks a lot!
Both are great choices, but the AT is a bit more versatile. Still wish I had mine. Reach out to Jens from Millenary Watches (@Millennium). Great prices and great customer service and they're based in Sweden.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Both are great choices, but the AT is a bit more versatile. Still wish I had mine. Reach out to Jens from Millenary Watches (@Millennium). Great prices and great customer service and they're based in Sweden.
I agree with this, except I went with the SMP and am very happy. Millenary Watches is and was excellent to deal with and provided me with a brand new watch at a great price, great customer service, and great communication.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
Between the new SMP300 and the AT I'd get the AT. The current SMP is great but I like the pre ceramic models better.
The AT however is just getting better and better after the teak dials came out.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Thank you, sir. I really appreciate it.

Mine came from Stenstrup Watches & Jewellery in Copenhagen.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
No problem. I have no idea if you can buy from them directly for the price I paid, but worth a try I suppose . I got mine through chrono24 from watchshopping in the US. They are a well known grey dealer, so I was concerned that buying from them I was not going to get a full kit with true Omega honored warranty and all. I asked LOTS of questions and was satisfied I would, plus there is the fallback of the buyer protection/escrow thing that chrono24 does. I am really glad I did.

·
Registered
73 Posts
No problem. I have no idea if you can buy from them directly for the price I paid, but worth a try I suppose . I got mine through chrono24 from watchshopping in the US. They are a well known grey dealer, so I was concerned that buying from them I was not going to get a full kit with true Omega honored warranty and all. I asked LOTS of questions and was satisfied I would, plus there is the fallback of the buyer protection/escrow thing that chrono24 does. I am really glad I did.
I've been looking at watchshopping too. Work the exchange rate, I may just wait until I visit family in America.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts