WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ! Im About to buy the Omega Seamaster AT black dial , black rubber strap for my wedding day in a few months.
This will be mi 2nd luxury watch , first one was about 5 years ago (TAG AR).
Can you help me to decide if the AT is a good option, and maybe some opinions from owners?
Watch Analog watch Silver Clock Watch accessory

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,473 Posts
Yeah I’d say it’s hard to go wrong. Great movement, versatile design, good size, can do basically anything.

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
That's a great choice. It is an amazing looking watch, good size for everyday wear. Great water resistance can be worn for any occasion.

·
Registered
144 Posts

Love mine! It can do everything. I've debated ordering a black rubber strap. Got a good fit on my bracelet but wish there was a bit of micro adjust. Really like it on an Erica's original and a dark brown leather as well.

My only real gripe with it is the crown is a little hard to operate. But it's not actually that bad.

·
Registered
509 Posts
View attachment 16105811

Love mine! It can do everything. I've debated ordering a black rubber strap. Got a good fit on my bracelet but wish there was a bit of micro adjust. Really like it on an Erica's original and a dark brown leather as well.

My only real gripe with it is the crown is a little hard to operate. But it's not actually that bad.
Nice AT! Good points in addition to the crown. I had a 8500 for six years, and the crown is difficult on the latter AT. I even thought it was broken.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!
I own the slate blue AT and it is a phenomenal watch. You can’t go wrong with an AT. A blue dial may be a better choice to compliment your black dial Tag. But the blue strap seems a bit much to me.
Good choice buying the watch on rubber strap as they are one of the most comfortable straps I have worn!

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
You know how crazy the market has gotten? I think the AT is the best value in its segment now. Only brand fanboys would argue Omega isn't in the same tier as a Rolex, Grand Seiko, IWC, Breitling, etc. And yet Datejusts go for 50%ish more than street price on an AT. The newer Grand Seiko Hi-Beat watches are about twice the price now.

Omega has been relatively restrained in a world where luxury watches continue to push their prices higher and higher. And you get a movement that is in-house and as technologically advanced as anything you'd get in that price point and more. A brand with history/pedigree second to none that makes watches that are rugged and dependable.

So yes, the AT is definitely worth it and then some, imo.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I've got a Black Dial Aqua Terra GMT and I love it! Not as much as my Speedmaster, mind, but that's a completely different story :D

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
You cant go wrong with the AT. Its a very versatile timepiece. May I suggest you consider one with the bracelet and perhaps add the rubber and/or leather strap.

Congratulations in this wonderful life event.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I'm not sure I would go for a rubber strap for the wedding day, but otherwise a great choice of watch.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts