WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
Omega Aqua Terra 41mm
22 Posts
I would suggest getting the watch with the bracelet and add the rubber strap. If you're buying at an Omega Boutique, they might throw in the rubber strap for free (they did so with the leather strap for me).

And while the AT in black is nice, I think the one in blue is even nicer. If you haven't seen it in the metal, you absolutely need to, it is completely different from how it looks on the website. Depending on the light, it sometimes even looks black.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Great choice. Just ordered exactly the same from my AD. 4-6 weeks wait though but got a great deal. Didn’t want the bracelet as it’s lacking micro adjust and centre links seem to scratch fairly easily.

Already have a black dial PO 8900 on a bracelet so having this and the AT will be a nice pairing.

Plan to get a leather strap as well as I also plan to wear my AT at my own wedding next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
227 Posts
I just made a purchase on the latest green AT and have had zero regrets! Great all around watch, just like everyone has stated. For a wedding, I think either the rubber strap or the bracelet will look good when you say your nuptials on that day. Congratulations on your wedding day and wonderful watch!

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
The AT in black with black rubber is a great and quite versatile combo. And given that you have the Tag on steel bracelet it makes sense.
Some others have suggested a blue AT to complement the black dial Tag. Also a good idea but there I would chose the bracelet (and possibly have the PCLs brushed) because in my opinion the blue rubber doesn’t really look good and in fact rather cheap.
Wearing the black AT on bracelet would probably look better on your wedding day but getting the rubber strap separately won‘t be cheap (mainly due to the steel endlinks). This has been discussed in other threads.
Have you tried the AT on your wrist? Are you getting the 38 or 41mm? For smaller wrists the 38mm is much better because the AT has a lot of dial. I had a 41mm AT and sold it because it looked a little ridiculous on my 16cm wrist, even though there was no lug overhang.
Good luck with your decision

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Hi ! Im About to buy the Omega Seamaster AT black dial , black rubber strap for my wedding day in a few months.
This will be mi 2nd luxury watch , first one was about 5 years ago (TAG AR).
Can you help me to decide if the AT is a good option, and maybe some opinions from owners?
View attachment 16105694
Thanks
Yes…yes it is!

Although, I’m probably one of the few that isn’t a fan of the OEM rubber strap. I bought mine on a bracelet and often use non-OEM straps.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
In a word, YES.

·
Registered
Halios Fairwind
426 Posts
Sounds like it's locked in already. I agree, you can't go wrong - even if the white dial is preferable. 👌🏼

·
Premium Member
7,383 Posts
100% yes - but I may be biased……

Watch Brown Analog watch White Light

Versitile strap monster……couple of thoughts:

• the rubber strap is not cheap when purchased separately, and your AD is unlikely to “throw one in”……it’s 3 separate parts, the rubber strap, deployment clasp AND the little metal pieces next to the case!……my AD wanted $900 CAN for it!…….
  • the bracelet is polarizing, as it’s very blingy and with no micros can be an issue sizing……I personally love my silver dial/blue hander on the bracelet, and it’s my “got to” for meetings and social stuff…….my white/silver dial lives on the rubber strap right now
  • the 8900 winding can be an issue, and I had to return my first one as it didn’t, due to a short stem…..best described as “stiff” to wind, nonetheless a stellar movement and both of mine run under +2spd

good luck!

Reactions: Cremsyn

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Thanks’yall for your congratulations and inpunts.
In looking at the 41mm I already went to try it.
How do you see the sizing?
As some of you said the rubber strap can be a high extra expense and since I have already a Tag w bracelet this will be my first choice, however im planning on getting a 3rd party BOND Nato strap to mix&match this watch.
Any recomendations on 3rd party sellers?

Watch Analog watch Silver Clock Material property Watch Arm Gesture Clock Finger Watch Hand Analog watch Silver Gesture

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks’yall for your congratulations and inpunts.
In looking at the 41mm I already went to try it.
How do you see the sizing?
As some of you said the rubber strap can be a high extra expense and since I have already a Tag w bracelet this will be my first choice, however im planning on getting a 3rd party BOND Nato strap to mix&match this watch.
Any recomendations on 3rd party sellers?

View attachment 16106549 View attachment 16106551 View attachment 16106552
PhenomeNato Straps - The best nato straps! would be my choice if you’re in Europe or UK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
38,936 Posts
I have two AT's. One a black dial and one silver.

Both are excellent watches, so no wrong choice.

Good luck.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts