WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
Omega Aqua Terra 41mm
22 Posts
Thanks’yall for your congratulations and inpunts.
In looking at the 41mm I already went to try it.
How do you see the sizing?
As some of you said the rubber strap can be a high extra expense and since I have already a Tag w bracelet this will be my first choice, however im planning on getting a 3rd party BOND Nato strap to mix&match this watch.
Any recomendations on 3rd party sellers?

View attachment 16106549 View attachment 16106551 View attachment 16106552
I had to make the same decision as you just a few days ago :) My AT is less than a week old. It looks like you have about the same wrist size as me (16cm circumference, 5.5cm width). So you might have a look at this thread I started to get some more impressions.

Try to get another shot of you wearing it from farther away. If you photograph your wrist the way you did in the photo you posted, the short distance to the lens makes the watch seem much bigger than it is in reality. Best would be if someone else photographs you from 1-2 metres away.

Also be aware that there are quite some differences between the two sizes:

38mm
  • has a quickset date function
  • 55 hours power reserve
  • the rotation of rotor makes is audible, but how much you notice that is quite subjective
  • 19mm lug width
  • ~1mm thinner
41mm
  • doesn't have a quickset date function
  • has the ability to change the hour hand without stopping the watch: this is how you set the date, but it is particularly useful when changing time zones or daylight savings time
  • 60 hours power reserve
  • stricter METAS certification
  • silent rotor
  • 20mm lug width (more third-party straps available)

·
Registered
766 Posts
I would suggest getting the watch with the bracelet and add the rubber strap. If you're buying at an Omega Boutique, they might throw in the rubber strap for free (they did so with the leather strap for me).
Nice watch. Can you get it on a bracelet. I'd much rather have the bracelet, and then source my own rubber straps later.
The original rubber strap is one of the most comfortable straps out there. But it’s insanely expensive to buy it later. As someone else posted above, the whole rubber strap kit costs upwards of USD 700. One of the only watches I know that is cheaper to buy on rubber and then get bracelet separately.

Oh, and gratuitous wrist shot below 😬
Watch Hand Analog watch Azure Clock

·
Registered
541 Posts
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I have the 41mm in blue on a bracelet and it’s a phenomenally good watch. It’s also the watch that my wife likes the most out of my collection. I got mine at a fantastic discount from a UK AD.

The quick set hour is a bit odd, but I have that on my PO GMT too so I’m kinda used to it now. My plan is to get a NATO for my PO and then swap the deployant onto the AT with a new rubber strap (with the little metal bits).

Watch Plant Analog watch Houseplant Flowerpot

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I have the 41mm in blue on a bracelet and it’s a phenomenally good watch. It’s also the watch that my wife likes the most out of my collection. I got mine at a fantastic discount from a UK AD.

The quick set hour is a bit odd, but I have that on my PO GMT too so I’m kinda used to it now. My plan is to get a NATO for my PO and then swap the deployant onto the AT with a new rubber strap (with the little metal bits).

View attachment 16106674
Looks 👌🏼

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I had to make the same decision as you just a few days ago :) My AT is less than a week old. It looks like you have about the same wrist size as me (16cm circumference, 5.5cm width). So you might have a look at this thread I started to get some more impressions.

Try to get another shot of you wearing it from farther away. If you photograph your wrist the way you did in the photo you posted, the short distance to the lens makes the watch seem much bigger than it is in reality. Best would be if someone else photographs you from 1-2 metres away.

Also be aware that the two sizes don't have the same thickness (the smaller model is thinner) and also not the same movement, with the following differences:

38mm
  • has a quickset date function
  • 55 hours power reserve
  • the rotation of rotor makes is audible, but how much you notice that is quite subjective
41mm
  • doesn't have a quickset date function
  • has the ability to change the hour hand without stopping the watch: this is how you set the date, but it is particularly useful when changing time zones or daylight savings time
  • 60 hours power reserve
  • stricter METAS certification
  • silent rotor
Both are same price so I thinks best choice if in between would be 41mm. 🙌🏼

·
Registered
Omega Aqua Terra 41mm
22 Posts
Both are same price so I thinks best choice if in between would be 41mm. 🙌🏼
I would disregard any price difference. This watch will last you for decades, you might even hand it down to future generations; at this price point a few hundred dollars/pounds/whatever shouldn't matter.

Just go for what looks and feels good on the wrist. If both look fine, see if there's a particular feature you favor. For me, the rotor noise was the main reason to go for the 41mm.

Oh and I forgot something in the list above (I added it now), the 41mm has the more common 20mm lug width, so it's easier to find third-party straps.

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
Congratulations on getting hitched! Since you already have a black dial, I'd go with blue on the rubber strap. As others have said, it's crazy comfortable and hugs your wrist. I put an aftermarket StrapCode Oyster bracelet on it and very happy. Looks great on a leather croc too. The quality of the lume is what you'd expect from Omega, there's just not enough of it.
Watch Hand Analog watch Product Azure

Watch Analog watch Arm Blue Plant

Watch Analog watch Azure Fashion Clock

·
Registered
509 Posts
100% yes - but I may be biased……

View attachment 16106509

Versitile strap monster……couple of thoughts:

• the rubber strap is not cheap when purchased separately, and your AD is unlikely to “throw one in”……it’s 3 separate parts, the rubber strap, deployment clasp AND the little metal pieces next to the case!……my AD wanted $900 CAN for it!…….
  • the bracelet is polarizing, as it’s very blingy and with no micros can be an issue sizing……I personally love my silver dial/blue hander on the bracelet, and it’s my “got to” for meetings and social stuff…….my white/silver dial lives on the rubber strap right now
  • the 8900 winding can be an issue, and I had to return my first one as it didn’t, due to a short stem…..best described as “stiff” to wind, nonetheless a stellar movement and both of mine run under +2spd

good luck!
I didn't know there was a winding issue with the new AT's. So it simply won't wind, or just stiff?

·
Premium Member
7,367 Posts
I didn't know there was a winding issue with the new AT's. So it simply won't wind, or just stiff?
welllllllllll…….

• I had to return and replace the first AT, as the stem was to short, and it would not wind.
  • by degrees my ATs are not as easy to wind as say, my Seiko SLA043……it could be down to my sausage fingers, but they take more “effort”…..

·
Registered
638 Posts
While the moonwatch is my only expensive watch, there are often times I wish I had gone with the AT instead. If I had the same knowledge 10 years ago that I do no now, I’d probably be wearing an AT instead. IMO it is the ultimate do anything and everything for all occasions watch.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I wanted one for quite some time still want one when I look at all the pics, but when i tried one on it didnt look right on me. Personally i thought the face just looked too big, but that's just me. I might try again and see if my thoughts differ.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts