WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys,

I could use some input from the community. I have an Omega 2220.80 Blue Wave Bond Seamaster. It's a great watch that I've had for about 10 years. Recently I've found myself enjoying having options in the strap or bracelet department for most of my watches. When it comes to this watch, I"m stumped. I can't find a strap that I think looks good. Can you help?

As a limiter, I don't care for the standard nylon nato straps, but might be able to tolerate a leather one. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I don't have a pic of my watch that shows it as well as I'd like, so I grabbed this one from the interwebs.

Omega SMP 2.jpg Omega SMP.jpg

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
Re: Omega Blue Bond SMP--'m Strap suggestions

I think brown leather would look great. If you want a really nice contrast between sporty and slick, brown croc.

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
Re: Omega Blue Bond SMP--'m Strap suggestions

Here's mine on a custom Chromexcel leather by Greg Spitz, dark blue with red stitching to match the subtle red accents on the dial.

IMG_1975.jpg

Reactions: chefmhf

·
Registered
27,202 Posts
I think it's the bezel shape of this watch that makes it look weird on straps. I've worn mine on a variety of nylon, but sounds like you don't want that. Have you tried brown leather? The Hodinkee straps are nice and seem to work fairly well

·
Registered
660 Posts
How about a red Isofrane style? I can't find a pic, but I love a bright strap on a blue watch. I bet it would be awesome!

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
When I had my SMPc I struggled with straps to be honest. My suggestion would be to pickup a 1610 Speedy bracelet and be done with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
I would think that a blue or black shark strap would look quite striking with that one...

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Straps? - yeah, I have tried a few... :-d

I have yet to find anything that I like better than the OEM bracelet, but it is fun to experiment:

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks all for the great suggestions.

It was stated earlier that the shape of the bezel makes it hard to find a strap and I think I agree with it. If I were to choose a strap, I think I would go with something about the same color blue as the face with the white contrast stitching. But the option I'm going to go with is the mesh/Milanese bracelet. I don't currently own one and I think it looks pretty good on the watch.

Thanks again for the input!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts