WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw one of these at a local pawn (certified) and am thinking of picking it up. What do you think a reasonable retail price for one of these would be in pretty fair condition (there are a few little scuffs and knocks on the case that could stand buffing out)? I'm not sure if it is the 34mm or the 40mm edition. It also has the dark blue face if that makes a difference.

Because there aren't service papers for the watch I may take it in to get serviced. Any thoughts of what a clean-up and re-seal (it has a helium valve) would look like on this piece?

Regards,
D.M.L.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The retail (on the black dial edition, at least) is about $2,400.
I believe the blue is a little less.
And it depends on what the store will sell it for, which I think at my store is somewhere between $1,900/$2,100.
I may even be overshooting there, as well.

If they are selling it for more than $1,200 or so at a pawn shop, I would completely back off and take your chances on the 'bay with the help of everyone here deducing whether or not it is authentic or not.

Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nicholas,

You really think it is worth that much? They have it priced + tax around $1200 but think there is some room to move. I've never had an experience servicing a quartz watch or anything with a helium valve. What can I expect from that?

-D.M.L.

The retail (on the black dial edition, at least) is about $2,400.
I believe the blue is a little less.
And it depends on what the store will sell it for, which I think at my store is somewhere between $1,900/$2,100.
I may even be overshooting there, as well.

If they are selling it for more than $1,200 or so at a pawn shop, I would completely back off and take your chances on the 'bay with the help of everyone here deducing whether or not it is authentic or not.

Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Is it the 2541.80 or the 2221.80? If it's the 2541.80, you can pick them up over here second-hand for around £750-850 absolutely mint, from an AD. If it's the 2221.80, around the same price would be possible.

cheers,
Jake.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nicholas,

That seemed more in line with what I was thinking. This shop seems to have a pretty solid collection of high/higher end watches but not the clientele to purchase them. I was hoping to snag a few good ones for cheap enough that I could flip them around pretty safely if needed.

-D.M.L.
Well, I meant as their starting price.
Honestly, I would not buy it pre-owned for more than about $950 or so, even if I was rolling in money.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts