WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
So I have taken my AT 8500 in to be serviced at the Omega Boutique in Regents St. In London today.
Whilst there I asked to see the new Speedy. Here are a couple of pics that took. The new bracelet is beautiful. But it tappers to a very slim 16mm.and the clasp, as lovely as it looks is very thin . Almost feminine. Please see pics. I have also taken a pic of my Tudor Pelagos next to the speedy to show you how small the new clasp is

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I wanted a Speedy earlier this year and decided to just get the now discontinued model because I totally disliked that new clasp. Although I understand it's more faithful to the original moonwatch, I'm not a fan.

·
Premium Member
7,459 Posts
You call it feminine, I call it perfect! It's the one thing I liked best about the Oris Sixty-Five. Rolex actually tapers their 20mm bracelets to 16mm too, but they hide it with an 18mm clasp

·
Registered
300 Posts
I tried a new speedy on at an Omega boutique a couple months ago and I thought it was one of the most comfortable watches I've tried on recently. I dont mind if the bracelet tapers or not, I have no issues with it not tapering on my SMP, but I did find the speedy to be incredibly more comfortable to wear when compared to the SMP or even the AT.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love the new bracelet. Just that clasp. IMO. Should be a a couple of mm longer and wider

·
Registered
251 Posts
I wish the Seamaster bracelet tapered to 16mm. I have become used to the taper of a Rolex bracelet, which is superb IMO.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
I love the new Speedmaster, but like many I am not a big fan of the new bracelet.
So I bought mine on the leather strap. Problem solved!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I love the new Speedmaster, but like many I am not a big fan of the new bracelet.
So I bought mine on the leather strap. Problem solved!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Pic of the underside please. Is that an original omega strap?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did enquire about the 321 and the snoopy.
I was told that there were ( just in that boutique) 320+ people on the 321 list and that it would be roughly a year to get one.
Slightly less time for the snoopy

·
Premium Member
6,810 Posts
Glad I got my “old” hesalite speedy, with the “old” bracelet....not a fan of the taper on the new one!

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
It looks okay, but I wonder if it would feel less substantial. Although I'm sure it's solid, I just wonder if it would feel like it was weaker than one that doesn't taper. I'll have to try that one on and find out!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh. For U.K Omega owners. I was told today that you can take your Omega watch into any Boutique once every 2 years and they will give it a free clean, test it for waterproof/ replace seals. And adjust the movement if necessary. All for free!
This may only apply to London branches where they have an in-house watch maker...
Love Omegas Customer Service

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It looks okay, but I wonder if it would feel less substantial. Although I'm sure it's solid, I just wonder if it would feel like it was weaker than one that doesn't taper. I'll have to try that one on and find out!
It still feels very solid. And bracelet feels and looks much more luxurious

·
Registered
134 Posts
I tried a new speedy on at an Omega boutique a couple months ago and I thought it was one of the most comfortable watches I've tried on recently. I dont mind if the bracelet tapers or not, I have no issues with it not tapering on my SMP, but I did find the speedy to be incredibly more comfortable to wear when compared to the SMP or even the AT.
Curious, is that because of any weight difference, or thickness?

I've not had a chance to look at watches recently, although hope to soon, but to be honest having bought my zenith defy, it has somewhat ruined my SMP, despite the Erika's Original strap which made it MUCH more comfortable, the Zenith is leagues ahead, despite being on a bracelet.

I think the titanium weight and thiness of the zenith is what does it, and have debated chopping the SMP and replacing with Speedy, if it is thinner and more comfortable feeling wise.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I wanted a Speedy earlier this year and decided to just get the now discontinued model because I totally disliked that new clasp. Although I understand it's more faithful to the original moonwatch, I'm not a fan.
See I like the new clasp because it’s more retro. One of these days (when available) I’ll get the new bracelet for my old speedmaster.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I really like the new bracelet and clasp. I like that it is smaller. That’s one of the most noticeable things to me when wearing a watch, especially when working on a computer, is the clasp digging in to my arm or banging and scraping against the desk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
569 Posts
I visited my Omega Boutique in Roseville, CA today. They were out of the new Speedies....but did have this lovely watch.

And I grabbed a rubber strap for summer for my chrome dial.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Just did the same for my chrome dial Seamaster. I love it! How do you like the strap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 24 Posts