WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello WUS, I own a beautiful Seiko SLA021 and I love the watch and am trying desperately to like the bracelet (I am a bracelet guy). I have very sensitive skin around my wrists so if a watch is to be large and beefy, it needs to have great ergonomics as far as link contouring and clasp finishing. I don’t really like the offerings from Strapcode. The links are actually quite nice on the MM, but the clasp is deficient in my opinion, with stamped metal and somewhat harsh edges. As an Omega and Rolex (and even a Monta) owner, I have been spoiled.

I noticed that the pin and collar system is very similar to Omega’s bracelets, however Omega uses two screw caps and a free-floating pin that holds the link together. Since both Omega and Seiko have male end links in 20mm, would it be possible to attach the Omega bracelet to the Seiko end links? If all that’s needed is a pin to slot through both, this should theoretically work right?

Now the question becomes one of dimensions. Would the pin tube on the Seiko endlink clear a pin through the Omega bracelet? Would the middle male link on the Seiko end link fit close to flush with the female Omega link? Anyone have both a 20mm Planet Ocean (bracelet # 1589/858) and a MM300 and would be so kind to eyeball or even dare to try? Thank you so much for your help.

346455B8-B228-4EC0-9C99-57A88AB02829.jpeg 41B80DE6-DFFC-4231-AD78-B50B27A60004.jpeg

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I have the SBDX001 and pretty sure the end links are not removable on that, but the clasp is easily switched out with another of same width.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the SBDX001 and pretty sure the end links are not removable on that, but the clasp is easily switched out with another of same width.
Thanks for the reply! The end links are removable with the SLA021. I tried a couple of different spring bar attached clasps and they did fit the bill IMO, including Strapcode’s ratcheting clasp.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts