WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Vendor
6,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would share a few pics of the latest addition to my Omega Collection.

Went to buy a Planet Ocean Chrono and walked out with this, the PO Chrono just felt a little too big for my wrist, the BA fits much better

Any thoughts ???

·
Registered
504 Posts
That's a beautiful watch! I tried on one with a black dial the other day and immediately added to "the list".

·
Vendor
6,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a beautiful watch! I tried on one with a black dial the other day and immediately added to "the list".
Tried the black one on too, it was on a leather strap but I preferred the white/silver ( different colour each time you look at it depending on the light ) with the bracelet.

It really is a watch you fall in love with.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
My next will be a white/silver dial for sure and that looks stunning, congratulations :-!

Might just have jumped in front of the speedy 57 white with blue!

(Sorry Roger/Beamon;-))

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Wow! I love the way it looks. Big congrats.

·
Vendor
6,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the nice comments, will share some more pictures when I get a chance.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I got to tell you that that is one great looking watch. The more I see the pics of white face watches the more I am finding them to my liking. I do have one question. I own a Santos 100 white face black numerals which is easy to read but how is reading a watch with a white or silver face and having the indicators in silver and numerals a little more subdued? Looking at your pics everything on this model seems to pop which is cool but these are close up pics.
Just thought I would share a few pics of the latest addition to my Omega Collection.

Went to buy a Planet Ocean Chrono and walked out with this, the PO Chrono just felt a little too big for my wrist, the BA fits much better

Any thoughts ???

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
My next will be a white/silver dial for sure and that looks stunning, congratulations :-!

Might just have jumped in front of the speedy 57 white with blue!

(Sorry Roger/Beamon;-))
Not a problem, Ryan, except my commissions will be smaller. ;-)

Keep in mind that the "1957" on the dial was important for me, :-! it being an anniversary watch and all that!

·
Vendor
6,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got to tell you that that is one great looking watch. The more I see the pics of white face watches the more I am finding them to my liking. I do have one question. I own a Santos 100 white face black numerals which is easy to read but how is reading a watch with a white or silver face and having the indicators in silver and numerals a little more subdued? Looking at your pics everything on this model seems to pop which is cool but these are close up pics.
I take your point, under certain light, bright out doors, which is'nt too often here in the UK it can be a little hard to read instantly but it is getting easier the more wrist time it gets and I get used to it.:-!

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Thanks for all the nice comments, will share some more pictures when I get a chance.
Please no more pictures, my pocket can't afford for me to see anymore of that fine looking piece!!! I keep dropping in on this thread just to drool.....:p

Fantastic shots by the way, looking forward to the next instalment:-!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Love to see a few wristshots of that beauty, whaddya say? Its topped my favorites list since I first saw it here about a year ago. I fear this watch would be such a distraction I'd be in constant peril. E.g., catching an Indians game in the spring and getting run over by John Wilson's bus... because we'd both be mesmerized as I crossed the street in his path.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Congrats with that fantastic watch... wouw I like it ...

I think you choose well between the Po chrono and this one...personally I do not fancy that the 3 small dials are not even on the po...
Wear it well....

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Would you say that this model would be a good evening watch to wear? I only ask because my darker face watches seem to stand out best in day light.
I take your point, under certain light, bright out doors, which is'nt too often here in the UK it can be a little hard to read instantly but it is getting easier the more wrist time it gets and I get used to it.:-!

·
Vendor
6,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Would you say that this model would be a good evening watch to wear? I only ask because my darker face watches seem to stand out best in day light.
Not as easy to read as a black dial with silver hands I admit but you get used to this one, I don't mind that when people ask you for the time you have to hold the watch out infront of them for a little longer for you to read the time.

Gives them a little more time to admire !! :p

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Again I see your point. Thanks for the feed back, enjoy the BA it's a great looking watch.
Steve
Not as easy to read as a black dial with silver hands I admit but you get used to this one, I don't mind that when people ask you for the time you have to hold the watch out infront of them for a little longer for you to read the time.

Gives them a little more time to admire !! :p

·
Registered
2 Posts

Any thoughts ???

I am considering purchasing the same watch and I have a couple of questions with which you may be able to help.

1. What is the back of the watch like? Is it steel or glass as I want to have it engraved?
2. Where is the best place to buy one and get a good deal? Internet is good, but they are a lot cheaper outside the UK.

Many thanks

Adam:-!

·
Vendor
6,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am considering purchasing the same watch and I have a couple of questions with which you may be able to help.

1. What is the back of the watch like? Is it steel or glass as I want to have it engraved?
2. Where is the best place to buy one and get a good deal? Internet is good, but they are a lot cheaper outside the UK.

Many thanks

Adam:-!
Adam

Unfortunately the back is not suitable for engraving, there is a sapphire caseback on this one so you can see the movement, with words around the side leaving no room for an engraving.

I dont have a picture of the back but I am sure someone could add one for you to see.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Adam

Unfortunately the back is not suitable for engraving, there is a sapphire caseback on this one so you can see the movement, with words around the side leaving no room for an engraving.

I dont have a picture of the back but I am sure someone could add one for you to see.

Many thanks for that. Much appreciated.

Adam
:-!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts