WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got this at an estate sale and I can't seem to get this opened. It seems like a snap back but the tolerance is really tight and I can't get a knife anywhere. Maybe I am doing something wrong as I mostly have 70s Omegas.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Some 1960s watches are designed to have the movement removed from the front. Have a 1960s Benrus that needs the crystal removed to access the movement. Hope this helps.

That Omega is nice looking, is it solid gold? With a polish on the crystal, it will be a cracker of a watch!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Verify and do not proceed based on my advice..... BUT in that last picture, look near the base of the lug on the left, there is a small dip in the case which appears to be the space you could sneak a case knife in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some 1960s watches are designed to have the movement removed from the front. Have a 1960s Benrus that needs the crystal removed to access the movement. Hope this helps.

That Omega is nice looking, is it solid gold? With a polish on the crystal, it will be a cracker of a watch!
It's gold plated but in decent shape. I wanted to try out a bumper movement and was curious about the calibre.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts