WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

I'm thinking of purchasing a piece with this Omega Cal 267 movement. It's clearly got quite a bit of dirt built up in it. I just wanted to get some of your opinions on the movement before I buy it. Any red flags or things that definitely need to be replaced?

I highly respect what WUS members have to say so I came here first.

watchuseekpost.jpg

Thanks,

RL

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
I'm no watchmaker so i will defer to experts, but my question is, what does the other side look like?

·
Registered
8,057 Posts
2nd winding wheel looks too clean for the condition of the rest of the movement. Other than that, rest of the movement looks just as an old never serviced cal. 267. It looks complete.

serial number dates it from 1956 - 1958. Depending on the state of the rest of the watch (dial, hands, case, crystal) you can decide wether it is good buy or not. also do not be surprised with the size of the watch. They are usually around 33 mm

·
Banned
4,491 Posts
Hello and welcome. Props to you for posting a picture of the movement. So many 'what do you think' posts are of the dial side. If you weren't aware, Al ('Archer') is a well-respected Omega-certified watchmaker. His opinion should be given serious weight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts