WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I realized too late this is the watch im looking for and just wanted to check if the information provided by the seller really is true. The seller said the movement was of cal 600 and the watch case had a 30mm diameter. He thought the watch was from 1964. I just want some info on what kind of watch this is and where you could find it apart from ebay? Are there any partically good webpages? thanx

vilhelm

Attachments

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
The information you really need is located on the inside of the caseback. There will usually be a case reference number. This is critical information, necessary to determine the date of production and whether it is likely that the movement and the case were sold together.

Armed with this information, you can register at the Omega Vintage Database and find the information yourself.

http://www.omegawatches.com/cu_vintage/main.php

A quick look tells me that there were several Seamaster models made with this caliber beginning in 1960 through 1965, so there's a good chance it is all correct.

I would be concered about that dial. Very few black dials are original, most have been repainted. Doesn't make the watch bad if everything else checks out, but don't pay top dollar for it.

Hope this helps,
gatorcpa

1 - 2 of 2 Posts