WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am new to this forum, though I have been browsing the threads for quite some time now.

I recently purchased a vintage Omega Seamaster off of eBay, and it's come to my attention that the location of the "TWENTY-FOUR 24 JEWELS" engraving is wrong. It's still on the correct piece, but it's written in the middle, not the bottom of the piece. I've attached pictures below.

This is the movement in my watch:
Mine.JPG

This is what most cal .565 movements look like (i think)
Normal.jpg

Can anyone provide some insight please?

Thank you!

David

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After doing some more research, it seems like this particular piece has been taken from the Cal .552 or the Cal .562 movements. Both of these movements have 24 jewels and the placement of the "24 JEWELS" engraving for these movements matches the one in my watch.

Is this something that I should be concerned about?

·
Registered
331 Posts
it appears the peaces are identical in form and funtion.
i would surmise they are from different production runs or possibly mixed up or replaced during a repair or service.
i don't think it would be a concern.i notice that screws on both watches appear to have had a screw driver put to them
indicating service or repair.the screw in the bottom picture on the part your concerned with looks to have been removed.
i cant see that part failing except for the jewels.perhaps who ever repaired it didn't have the proper tools for
replacing jewels?does the part come with jewels already placed?either way i don't see it as a problem except
for the most discriminating(read tight wad)collector.
good eye's on spotting that.
regards
mike

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Mike,

Thanks a lot for your input. It has definitely helped reassure me--I was quite nervous when I first noticed the difference. I'll double check the jewels when I receive my watch.

David

1 - 4 of 4 Posts