WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Need a hand here from the Omega experts out there! I've got a Gen II X-33 that's running at -22s/month! I've carefully followed the steps to adjust the rate in the Omega 1666 technical guide by touching the +C contact to the battery + terminal while in CS Test mode 1 etc.

While doing this, there's no change at all on the screen, which literally just reads "1"... and after monitoring for a few days, the rate has not changed at all. I've made several attempts, crown pulled out, crown in, etc.

I've noticed that my Customer Service Test menus do not coincide exactly with the ones in the 1666 technical guide. Test 9 LAMPE for example, coincides with Test 6 on mine and I only have 7 tests in total, not 1-9 and A-C as listed in the manual.

Perhaps mine is a Calibre 1666C and differs somehow? The backlight is bright green (as opposed to blueish) so maybe... but would this mean it has a different service mode menu? There's nothing else out there except the Cousins supplied 1666 technical guide, so I'm stuck!

Any ideas guys? I'm totally beat here... I don't want to send the watch off and have to pay for a full Omega service just to have the rate adjusted, everything else works just fine.

Picture of calibre attached. Thanks very much!

X-33.jpg

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
If you are sure you are doing the procedure correctly, then the movement is likely not working properly. 22 seconds a month off is a very large number for this watch.

Note that if you send it in to Omega, they will replace the movement with the C version, which is thermocompensated.

Cheers, Al

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you are sure you are doing the procedure correctly, then the movement is likely not working properly. 22 seconds a month off is a very large number for this watch.
Thanks Al, that's a pain (in $$$) if it's got to go to Omega! I think maybe its already fitted with a C version due to the bright green backlight. Could it be that the "Customer Service" menu is different on the C versions?

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Thanks Al, that's a pain (in $$$) if it's got to go to Omega! I think maybe its already fitted with a C version due to the bright green backlight. Could it be that the "Customer Service" menu is different on the C versions?
The procedure is the same for all 3 versions of the movement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts