WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you guys help me with some info about this watch. Year, number of pieces made anything special about this edition...
Michael

Attachments

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Here are the specs: Limited Edition "America's Cup" On Dial Only Made for ONE Year Self Winding Automatic Chronometer Movement Caliber: Omega 3303, (Frederic Piquet) Power Reserve: 55 Hours Unidirectional Rotating Bezel Solid Steel Case & Bracelet Scratch Resistant Sapphire Crystal Manufacturer Box & Manual 300 Meters / 1000 Feet Water Resistant Luminescent Hands and Markers 41.5mm = 15.2mm Case, 7" Adjustable Bracelet Deployment Buckle

The wording Americas cup had to be removed due to a legal dispute with the 'Americas cup' yachting team apparntley

Watch is still available as 2594.52.00 which is exactly the same but without the AC wording........I have one.....and love it!!

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The reason I asked you guys is because I JUST GOT THIS BEAUTY and I wanted to know more about it. I was curious if anybody else has one with the markings and all that so I can exchange notes. Mine doesn't have any markings on the back just on the front so I wanted to know if this is the way they come. And how many are made?
BTW what does it mean 33XX.
Michael

Attachments

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
The reason I asked you guys is because I JUST GOT THIS BEAUTY and I wanted to know more about it. I was curious if anybody else has one with the markings and all that so I can exchange notes. Mine doesn't have any markings on the back just on the front so I wanted to know if this is the way they come. And how many are made?
BTW what does it mean 33XX.
Michael
I don't know how many were made just that the period was one year.

The only diference between yours and mine/current 2594 is the 'America's cup' logo on the dial AFAIK.

33xx refers to the type of movement.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Anyone have any info on the americas cup chrono with regatta timer? I have one and no-one seems to know much about them. Does the row with the americas cup team apply? I got mine on special order from omega a few years ago. Never saw one in a dealers window. Just curious as im thinking of saying goodbye to it to get a PO chrono. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,052 Posts
Post a picture of it.

Anyone have any info on the americas cup chrono with regatta timer? I have one and no-one seems to know much about them. Does the row with the americas cup team apply? I got mine on special order from omega a few years ago. Never saw one in a dealers window. Just curious as im thinking of saying goodbye to it to get a PO chrono. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
13,472 Posts
the 33xx is a movement with loads and lots of problems

1 - 14 of 14 Posts