WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from my local Omega Boutique. We did a 3 way Clasp Swap for the Win! Clasp swaps seem to be all the range on the forms lately and I thought i would join in.

First up is my 41.5mm Seamaster 300 Chrono. We swapped the original clasp for the new adjustable PO clasp. So I kept the divers extension but gained the on the fly adjustment. Also since its longer we took out two half links.
IMG_0869.jpg

Only small downside. Not a downside for me but worth mentioning. See the the bracelet is slightly wider than the extension. Only noticeable when the clasp is extended.
IMG_0870.jpg

As you can see here when not extended it looks perfect..
IMG_0871.jpg
IMG_0872.jpg

Next up is my Seamaster 300. Already had an adjustable clasp from the factory but I swapped the original clasp for the new adjustable PO clasp. Gaining the dive extension. You'll see why below. We took out one half link here since its slightly longer than the original.
IMG_0866.jpg

This lines up perfectly like the original. 100% perfect fit. No size changes like with the 400 Chrono.
IMG_0867.jpg

The last change is for my Speedmaster Professional Apollo 11 40th. I used the adjustable clasp from my Seamaster 300 and also needed the end links from the 8500 PO. I think the fit looks factory original. Maybe one could make an argument the end links should be closer to the bracelet design. For me though this makes the bracelet wearable. I have such a flat wrist and the factory clasp for the Speedmaster has way too much curve for me and digs into my wrist so it spent 99% of its time on a nato. The Adjustable clasps are flatter and fit better for me.
IMG_0877.jpg
IMG_0876.jpg
IMG_0875.jpg
IMG_0874.jpg

Last picture is the leftovers I'll keep if I ever want to go back to full factory. I'd highly recommend the changes if you have an Omega without the adjustable clasp that fits the new clasp. Total cost was $117 x 2 for the new PO Clasps and $90 for the two PO end links for the Speedmaster. It was well worth the $355 after tax if you ask me. It made the SEA300 More Wearable with the extension, the Chrono way more wearable with the adjustment, and the Speedy wearable period.
IMG_0878.jpg

·
Premium Member
11,948 Posts
Well done! I expect we're going to see lots of the new 1159 clasp showing up on POs and SMPs, and more than a few Speedies. At only $117, it is a great deal.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I'm considering to do this on my 45.5mm PO 2500. I know which clasp to get but not sure which links I need.

Nice Mod OP, I'm happy with the S300MC clasp with no Dive extension as I don't have any plans of using it for Scuba Diving

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Glad you found a good fit. For me, comfort is king so I can totally understand your rationale :)
100% agree on comfort. I'm glad to almost remedy the one downside to getting a watch with an adjustable clasp. It makes you want all your watches to have it. Only remaining watch without one is my Navitimer.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,948 Posts
Thank You for that information Mate... my only concern now is most of UK OB have been told not to sell this parts anymore if for modification purposes.
How about ordering from Topper in California, and having it shipped to you in the UK?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
How about ordering from Topper in California, and having it shipped to you in the UK?
If I fail here Mate, I'll probably do that... I managed to order last June I think and after that, I've read different stories that OB UK refusing to sell the parts now.

·
Premium Member
11,948 Posts
I'm considering to do this on my 45.5mm PO 2500. I know which clasp to get but not sure which links I need.
If you're going with the newest clasp (the 117STZ001159, which reincorporates the foldout extension), the connecting "saddle" link number is: 118STZ004975. You'll need two. No word yet on pricing for these links, because they're not yet in the ordering system. However, as already mentioned, the saddle links from a Gen2 PO should work even better, because your bracelet has polished outer edges, and the newer links are brushed.

Reactions: mjoranga

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
If you're going with the newest clasp (the 117STZ001159, which reincorporates the foldout extension), the connecting "saddle" link number is: 118STZ004975. You'll need two. No word yet on pricing for these links, because they're not yet in the ordering system. However, as already mentioned, the saddle links from a Gen2 PO should work even better, because your bracelet has polished outer edges, and the newer links are brushed.
Wow, they've read my mind... Before the new model came out, I ask my watch maker to brushed the sides of my speedy 1610 as I don't like the factory finished of it... Thanks Mate, will definitely look back into this if I ever go for the adjustable clasp. Much appreciated 😉😊

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thats crazy about not selling parts. Omega doesn't need to compete with Rolex on that level. For example I can't get spring bars for my Sub without them being put on for me and the Rolex Service center in NY didn't want to sell me a half link for my Sub because they didn't think I needed (They thought I had plenty of extension left to play with in the clasp) it I'm sure if I pushed they would have but really who cares if you think I need it. At least for now getting parts for my Omega's is as simple as sending an email or picking up the phone.

·
Registered
254 Posts
bovie, that's a good outcome for you and by extension for others thinking of doing the same thing.
Hats off to all the forum members who have shared information on these hardware changes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts