WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have recently purchased this omega constellation and have some questions about the 1011 movement that powers this timepiece.

I have heard from a couple of you tubers one of which being the time teller say that the 1000 series movements run well but don’t like being restarted. He said it causes damage and he has his constantly running for that reason.

My question is if this statement is true. Can you cause damage restarting this watch?

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a similar (but not so nice condition) C-case with a 564. Went through a stage of looking at all things Omega Constellation related. I thought the general trend of thought was that early 1011's had issues and later ones were just fine, also that there is a likelihood that servicing is not yet a huge issue to get done - don't quote me on that, but it makes sense. Tbh, all the 1960's & upwards Omegas I've seen have been OK, and either at least work or can be made to work. I had to adjust a small spring in the 564 (sweep hand, common on those) for example.

In a weird way, probably most watches aren't designed to be started and stopped - if that makes sense. There will be people with opinions on both sides of that one. Lots of examples of that movement calibre exist and looking at the way some watches are treated (and survive it) it's likely it'll be fine. Especially if it gets a good service. Should see the 920 Chronostop my father has had since his 21st. Almost all the things you're 'not supposed to do' he's done at some point. (I have it atm, he prefers to wear a Lorus because he doesn't have to wind it up).

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I have had and or have 4 Omegas powered by the 1000 series
leaving them in the unwound position, yes you can leave them wound due to the hack to stop it
never noticed a problem

1 - 3 of 3 Posts