WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
omega constillation dial before we restore.some of the minutes are erase and the color is not even at the center.

omega constillation b4.jpg

heres the outcome of the dial after we restore..
omega constillation after.jpg

plss leave us a comment or suggestion. thanks!

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
It looks like a very professional job, do you own/ work for a restoration company? I too wonder why the additional text, but the overall look seems to match the original. I do notice that the painted chapter lines are not thicker where they meet the applied indicies, but still, overall it looks very good.

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
It looks like a very professional job, do you own/ work for a restoration company? I too wonder why the additional text, but the overall look seems to match the original. I do notice that the painted chapter lines are not thicker where they meet the applied indicies, but still, overall it looks very good.
+1

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
This is one of the better redial jobs I've seen. However, it also shows why buying vintage Omegas online is such a challenge.

The fonts on the dial are different sizes and somehow the sharp edges of the pie-pan dial have been dulled in the redial. My fear is that a seller will call this an "original" dial and some newbie will pay top dollar for it at some point in the future.

I'm not in favor of redialling, unless the dial is in such poor condition that it is unreadable. There are some brands which may be redialled and come out looking as if they were new. This is because some companies have the original dies and use the same techniques to print the dials as was done years ago.

Unfortunately, Omega is not one of those brands. No disrespect meant to any redial company, but I've seen very, very few Omega dial jobs that I would consider acceptable substitutes for the original.

Hope this helps,
gatorcpa

·
Premium Member
13,472 Posts
This is one of the better redial jobs I've seen. However, it also shows why buying vintage Omegas online is such a challenge.

The fonts on the dial are different sizes and somehow the sharp edges of the pie-pan dial have been dulled in the redial. My fear is that a seller will call this an "original" dial and some newbie will pay top dollar for it at some point in the future.

I'm not in favor of redialling, unless the dial is in such poor condition that it is unreadable. There are some brands which may be redialled and come out looking as if they were new. This is because some companies have the original dies and use the same techniques to print the dials as was done years ago.

Unfortunately, Omega is not one of those brands. No disrespect meant to any redial company, but I've seen very, very few Omega dial jobs that I would consider acceptable substitutes for the original.

Hope this helps,
gatorcpa
There are very very few good redialers. Very good redialers are as scarce as henth teeth

·
Registered
315 Posts
I think many of us have seen worse. I don't like the result, as gatorcpa writes, the sharp edge is buffed away - but it is very characteristic for the piepan dial, here it is ruined. The coulour itself is good, and personally I wouldn't mind the difference in text and in lettering it is marginal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for your comments guys! i really appreciate it even if its good or bad comment. it inspire me to do better and be more precise in details.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
thanks for your comments guys! i really appreciate it even if its good or bad comment. it inspire me to do better and be more precise in details.
That is quite an achievement to restore the fine grained silvered effect of the original Omega dial, well done indeed.

·
Registered
790 Posts
The two main faults are: The adding of "officially certified", it does not belong on this dial, and that the paint is applied to thick, destroying the edges of the pie pan, as others have note.

Also , the painted hour markers should have serifs on them like the script.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts