WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
While wearing my Omega Seamaster (model 2254.50) a while back I noticed that the deployment clasp was not sitting flush to the bracelet. The watch is 7 years old but the bracelet hasn't seen much action as I prefer to wear it with a rubber band instead. Anyway, upon close inspection I saw that part of the deployment clasp was stretched out at the point where it is at its thinnest (shown by the red circle in the below picture).

photo 11.JPG

I didn't feel comfortable with this since it could clearly break and I could potentially lose the watch. I have therefore since replaced the whole deployment clasp with a new one, and the difference between old and new can be seen from the following pictures.

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

The thing is, when I pointed this out to a friend at work who also wears a Seamaster, he looked at his own watch and had exactly the same problem!! I'm therefore wondering if this is a design flaw in the deployment clasp and how many other WIS's who have this particular type of clasp have experienced the same issue?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have an Omega 2531.80 from circa 2006 which hasn't seen a HUGE amount of use but certainly doesn't have this issue. Hope it doesn't present itself anytime soon..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts