WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
As I've been using this forum more than any other site recently to help me decide which Omega to buy I thought now that I've finally got my 1st I'd share some thoughts.
I went for the Deville Hour Vision Orbis. There isn't much more to be said that hasn't already. The dial is stunning, the sapphire case is gorgeous, the 8500 movement is superb and mine also came with the silicon balance spring, contrary to the pictogram card symbols and the ones listed in the latest Omega Collection catalogue.
Many thanks to George Banks Bowness for sourcing this unique and uncommon model. I've already had so many people say how different it is from most of the Swiss watches I see most people wearing.
Anyway, that's enough words, I'll let this hefty collection of pics do the rest of the talking for me:

Attachments

·
Read Only
7,342 Posts
Well chosen! The Hour Vision Orbis is a beautiful watch. I've always wondered why it's not discussed more around here.

It'd be nearly impossible not to, but enjoy it!

·
Registered
147 Posts
It's Stunning!

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
That blue dial looks gorgeous! You can clearly see where they got the idea for the skyfall blue Aqua Terra from... And both are related to Daniel Craig, and his blue eyes....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, the balance spring material was the only aspect I was slightly worried about, as without it the watch wouldn't have been quite as perfect as I wanted, but with it I'm thrilled and wouldn't have chosen any other watch over it, even from the more expensive ones.
Now I'm contemplating getting the stainless steel strap for it for the ocassional different look, but everywhere I've looked its ~£1000, so may be a while off. I tried a NATO strap with it and did quite like the look but most felt it detracted from the classical look of the leather band. Still contemplating getting one of the new Omega ones, maybe the grey & black striped one, in case I want to wear it more casual to the beach or for shallow swimming on holiday, so I don't ruin the leather, we'll see

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, so, potential choices of Omega NATO strap, happy for feedback.
Plus few pics of my Deville with a different NATO strap, again, thoughts welcome, cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
beautiful watch...and I speak from experience as I have the same one!! My wife gave my Orbis to me as a wedding gift last fall :).

I have been lurking on these forums for a long time now but just signed up to post here. My Orbis is on the black Omega leather strap as well. I was looking around to try to find an alternative strap for the summer time. I love the black leather but feel it makes the watch seem very formal. Omega also has a blue Leather strap but it retails for over $300 (pricey for a strap....).

I am actually really surprised by how much I like your Orbis on that 3-color NATO. That would be a great casual band for summer. Can you link me to where you purchased it?

Dumb question that I know I could look up in my manual and whatnot at home...but what is the band width of our watch? 18mm or 20mm I assume?

Another question...If I buy another leather strap (be it from Omega or not) can I re-use my current deployment on the black leather band? I'm hoping I can remove it with a spring bar tool but I have never looked into it. Any info on doing so (thread or youtube video, etc) would be greatly appreciated and useful!!!

Enjoy your watch! I love mine!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi. Glad you also love your Hour Vision.
The site I got the strap from is http://www.mwcwatches.com/shop.php?cPath=20
The colour scheme of mine is for Help for Heroes charity in the UK (colours of the army, navy & air force).
Our watch needs a 20mm strap. I've also found sites selling the black leather strap & other colours (brown & blue) and fully expect them to work fine with our steel clasp mechanism.
So tempted by the metal strap, cheapest I've found is ~£850 ($1200) though, but still may get

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So, I was in London at the weekend, got complimented by the lady in the Omega boutique on my tri colour NATO strap and the next day I decided to get the 5 stripe black/grey official Omega NATO strap.
I must say the quality is superb. Much finer and smoother material than my cheap strap, feels a lot softer on and fits great.
Also, seeing the new Bond Spectre poster this evening I spot him wearing something very familiar on his left wrist, looks like I chose well. The strap is also thicker than my cheaper one, hopefully meaning it will last great. Overall, just really higher quality than any other NATO strap I've ever seen.
Here's a few pics, more in my full review on the reviews page.
Hope you like & please feel to comment, cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Beautiful watch. I've seen it on the bracelet and it does look amazing, although I appreciate what you say about the cost! It's a shame omega don't offer the watch with the bracelet from new.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hmm I noticed something that was not expected from omega...

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Once you look close you can see that the edges aren't deburred properly which gives poor reflection. Obviously they just cut it so they could fit it on the dial... this is kinda not acceptable.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Absolutely a Beautiful piece! Never noticed that model before. Thank you for the write up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts