WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
This remains to be seen. So far is pure speculation. The current line might be Omega's highest selling model.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,385 Posts
Doubt that would happen. I think they were going to update the movement so I expect the watch to still live on but perhaps at a higher price bracket.

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Nice clickbait title! Even if it had a question mark on the end, it would still be detestable.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Don't worry about the price gap, I'm sure they will increase the price when they replace the current model with one using the 3861 movement ...

·
Registered
11,473 Posts

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
Nah, this is just the lighthouse model for the people that already own 3 other Speedys and can’t get enough, and has more authentic historical cred to move up in price since not everyone will respond to yet another fill in the blank side of the moon model.

·
Registered
773 Posts
ok....3861 movement> will they have to recertify that with NASA?

·
Registered
881 Posts
Will never happen. Omega will never discontinue the Moonwatch or do anything to it that would cause it to loose its NASA certification. They are (rightly) extremely proud of the Moonwatch and the fact that it is still flight qualified and used by NASA. They would not do anything to jeopardise that.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Just me two cents here..

Omega will retain the current 1861 movement in the hesalite Speedy while upgrading the movement to the new 3821 for the sapphire crystal Speedy. That way, there is a watch for everyone from entry level to modern to most history accurate and most expensive.

Omega would not discontinue one of their most popular lines. Just as Rolex would not discontinue one of their most iconic, profitable lines. It just does not make good business sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
187 Posts
Just me two cents here..

Omega will retain the current 1861 movement in the hesalite Speedy while upgrading the movement to the new 3821 for the sapphire crystal Speedy. That way, there is a watch for everyone from entry level to modern to most history accurate and most expensive.

Omega would not discontinue one of their most popular lines. Just as Rolex would not discontinue one of their most iconic, profitable lines. It just does not make good business sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
make sense what you're saying, hope you're right

·
Registered
773 Posts
exactly!! The Moonwatch is the heart and soul of Omega,,,,and so is the "pink side of the moon" model 2021....L:()
sorry couldnt resist....if only we stuck with the Speedy hesalite as the premier model...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just to be sure... If you are looking to buy the Omega Speedmaster Professional, I think you should do it now!! I think there is a risk of Omega changing the movement in the Speedmasterand and raising the price. There is a good argument in the fact that the price difference between the Omega Speedmaster Professional and THE SPEEDMASTER MOONWATCH 321 STAINLESS STEEL is too high.

·
Registered
7,126 Posts
I would not be concerned. Anyway, with the millions of Speedmaster Professional models already sold easy to pick an used one if you don’t like the new offerings by Omega !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 20 of 120 Posts