WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With a view to one day building the DeskDivers Omega Quartz pages (Many of us have spoke about thins and Bruce and I have spoken about the 2400s and Id love some input when we do it...)... anyway with that in mind, Ive started to draw out what I think the history of the early quartz is in some kind of family tree... but I dont think we can apply lineage really... a Cal 1310 isnt much like a cal 1300, and a Chronoquartz owes more to a 1320 than anything else... Anyway, Im happy to hear what you think and any mistakes / updates etc :-!

(UPDATED already...)

I did consider striping this with bands of the years going across the page it but it wouldnt work eg, the cal 1400 came out after the 1450... hmmm... :think:

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
That's a very nice reference, Jon! :-! I hadn't heard of many of those. Some much more to learn!

I think that it's fair to add the 1525 to the end of the 1500 line, even if it only has a similar oscillator in common. Suggestion -- would it be worth adding the 214 as a dotted line box to the head of the 12xx line to denote it as an ancestor?

I've added a link to this into the references sticky, btw.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK another update...

Ive not added the 214... I kow its a Hetzel but I just dont see it being truly related... its like saying we should add the GP 352 as its a quartz... but you can convince me if you like...

This time Ive only added a line where the movts are actually related and not just being in the same number range. This means that if you say had a watch with a 1342, you might also get parts from, or a decent fit, if you used a 1345... same with 1510/1511/1516 or 1332/1337 or 1438/1538 (tho those are much closer in relationship)... I trust this helps...?!

·
Banned
3,654 Posts
Hi Jon!

Just a couple of corrections and additions:

- Corrections:
Cal.1438 and Cal.1538 (both are based on ETA 255.461) are in fact non-thermocompensated.

- Additions:
Cal.1444 (ETA 255.471) day-date model with sub-dials.
Cal.1445 (ETA 255.472) dual-oscillator thermocompensated day-date model with sub-dials.
Cal.1680 (ETA 252.511 - ETA Thermoline) thermocompensated with perpetual calendar.

Good luck with your project!:)

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all! :-!

OK... Cheers for the updates! now added / changed...

----
>Just a couple of corrections and additions:

>- Corrections:
>Cal.1438 and Cal.1538 (both are based on ETA 255.461) are in fact non-thermocompensated.

Damn my cut n paste! LOL

>- Additions:
>Cal.1444 (ETA 255.471) day-date model with sub-dials.
>Cal.1445 (ETA 255.472) dual-oscillator thermocompensated day-date model with sub-dials.
>Cal.1680 (ETA 252.511 - ETA Thermoline) thermocompensated with perpetual calendar.

I did have the 1445, although not very well done :-d

Er, what's the subdials bit? do you have any pics of watches with these in or any links to then?

Reall appreciate these inputs guys, thanks!

New version:

·
Banned
3,654 Posts
...I did have the 1445, although not very well done :-d
Er, what's the subdials bit? do you have any pics of watches with these in or any links to then?...
Omega Constellation day-date with subdials (photo from the net):

Attachments

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cool Thanks Paulus!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks mate.

I still think we are missing a heap of these movts, but Im sure over time we can add to this table. :)

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Another update... (ESA f300 movts typo...oops)

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Thanks John. I note that you do not have a cal. 1515 (the non MC version of the 1516. While rare, I believe that some have been spotted in the wild.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Another update... formatting, added 1515 and a few others... Alos worth noting that Keith Tilley is working on a timeline, tho we have no timeframe for that... (!)

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Another update...

Reactions: GregAM
1 - 20 of 35 Posts