WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The estimate was 30 weeks but it took over 52 weeks. It took a long time but its always worth the wait. The movement was serviced and the watch was restored. Bienne does amazing work, the results are awesome.

Here are some before and after shots. Sorry I don’t have a picture of the huge smile on my face wearing the Flightmaster to work today.

Before Bienne restoration

After Bienne Restoration

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Wow... The watch looks great even before the restoration. But after... even greater :-! Enjoy it !

The estimate was 30 weeks but it took over 52 weeks. It took a long time but its always worth the wait. The movement was serviced and the watch was restored. Bienne does amazing work, the results are awesome.

Here are some before and after shots. Sorry I don’t have a picture of the huge smile on my face wearing the Flightmaster to work today.

Before Bienne restoration

After Bienne Restoration

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Todd, that was a nice FM before, of course the after blows it away...

But what's up with the orange hands turned into yellow? Were those faded yellow hands, or it's just bad light on the pics, or what?

By the way, this vintage display stand with the watch is my favorite!!!|>
/but please for the sake of appearance use some Brasso on the display ;-)/

·
Registered
682 Posts
Wow, you're one lucky guy, Todd. The FM is such a sweet watch. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I love vintage watches that are restored. I guess I like the feeling of new, but with the timeless design from the past. Enjoy the timepiece!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was torn to keep it in "as is" original condition or restore. The movement was running slow so it needed service. As Bienne is running out of parts and they usually (upon request) return the old parts I was hedging that I would get the old dial and hands back. Unfortunately, this time they send back some parts but not the hands. The original hands were orange. Bienne restored the watch with yellow hands and I personally like the look.

Its really a tossup these days as parts are getting scarce. I know Ill get another 30 years of wear and enjoyment out of this one!

·
Registered
983 Posts
All I can say is what everyone else does - WOW!!!!
It looks absolutly stunning and brand new!
Awesome watch!

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Beautiful! :-!

Well worth the wait.

Fr. John†

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
We've seen several Flightmasters come back from Bienne recently - - I just can't get over how nicely finished the case brushing looks. Fantastic!

And Todd, your collection is one of my personal favorites. We usually get to see your action shots for your divers - - maybe it's time to take some snaps of you logging some flight hours in this one :-!

·
Registered
114 Posts
52 weeks wow i would go crazy...looks fantastic...

·
Vendor
7,355 Posts
Agree with everyone else, stunning restoration !! :-!

Out of interest, what was the cost of the refurb and what exactly did they do ?

Hope they did not charge you storage :-d

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
It is not a state secret: Calibre 911 = Group 4A = CHF 720,00 (CHF 750,00 on metal bracelet)
Omega site
Add the price of a replacement dial (about CHF 250.00), if required.

The following operations are included in the price of a complete maintenance service :·Dismantling of movement, cleaning, oiling, assembling, tuning of the precision and check of the function of the movement.·Repair or replacement of worn or damaged movement parts.·Replacement of crystal, tube, crown, pushbuttons, helium escape valve, gaskets, battery if necessary (parts included except special mineral glass or sapphire crystal and precious metal parts which are invoiced separately).·Restoration of water-resistance with above mentioned parts.·Refurbishment of case and metal bracelet (polishing, satin-finishing).·Cleaning (washing) of case and metal bracelet.·Technical and aesthetical final check.

·
Premium Member
13,473 Posts
Bienne did a good job, wear your watch in good health.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I was wondering how much it cost you to restore. Did you send the watch straight to Bienne or did it you go through swatch group? I have the same watch that I am considering to restore.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts