WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good times mates, Chrono Time!

I could not be happier now since I acquired the FOIS last fall before the watch was discontinued.

What is there not to like about a First Omega In Space?
Maybe the odd 19mm lug width which limits the strap choices. But, that is easily remedied. Keep reading below…

The 39 mm case makes it more pleasant to wear with dressy attire, the sapphire crystal makes it more scratch resistant.
The applied Omega logo makes look more refined.

This watch came on a not too shabby brown leather Omega strap, which I then swapped for some one piece shell cordovans. Then a black black perlon strap, some natos. The watch is a strap monster!

I came to the conclusion that since chronograph movement makes for a thicker case, straps feeding under the FOIS (or any Chronometer for that matter) shall be avoided.

A black or Navy Blue Black leather strap looks superb on this watch. I can’t wait to post a picture of that one. But for now I am very happy with Uncle Seiko’s President’s Bracelet.

The links are thick and semi-cylindrical.

I do not see any cheap like folding over of material inside the links. They are solid!

Micro adjustments are great. I ended up removing 2 links to fit my 7 inch wrist better.

The Bracelet looks fantastic! Even the Uncle Seiko logo is unobtrusive and looks similar to the Omega logo.

Best thing is one can replace the US clasp with an Original Omega one.

But that is for another post!

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
294 Posts
That's nice, I actually thought that the "U" was the Omega logo

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
That's nice, I actually thought that the "U" was the Omega logo

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
Yes it looks it but I managed to upgrade the clasp to an authentic Omega bracelet clasp.

You can check out my upgrade in this post: Omega FOIS - President’s Bracelet Upgrade Complete (US with Omega Clasp)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The flat link from the Seiko Uncle is also fantastic on the FOIS.

·
Vendor
Omega/Tudor/Breitling/Grand Seiko/Tag Heuer/Montblanc/Hamilton/Seiko
906 Posts
I picked up my FOIS in March with the birth of my second son and I'm already coming to the same conclusion you did. I picked up the Forstner flat link and after wearing that for a while put it on a C&B chevron but agree I don't like the additional thickness. I was about to start looking into an Omega 1125 but this might be another option. Thanks for posting, I do like the look of it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts