WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dudes, I finally found it and bought it.

ITs my (actually from all family members) probbaly only christmas present this year to my father. My father tends to mention allways this Omega, and how his father had just like this. Well, he is 63, never had really "a watch", all kind of scrap watches hanging on his wrist, so I thought Its time to correct this one. He hasnt really ever seen this piece, and he probably does not really know the history of Connie, but he just refers this type of watch as "his fathers watch".

I want to thank GJ. mamas and Eric for answerring my questions&messages and everyone else I forget to mention.

The watch came with very plain and thin stock strap from unknown brand, and it so happened that I had one authentic Omega alligator 19mm strap in my drawer. (I thought to sell it many times earlier, lucky I did not ;) )

·
Registered
562 Posts
Very nice Anthony, I am sure he will love it!!

:-!

·
Registered
1,860 Posts

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
I will tell you guys, thanks. Its going to be very exiting christmas :-!
Great looking Connie, Anthony. Make sure when you tell us, you do it with pics. Seems as if you're up to the task. Great photos. Hope he enjoys it. David

·
Registered
677 Posts
He'll remember this Christmas every time he looks at his wrist.

Great choice [and it isn't even a Chronograph!]

=)

-- Chuck

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
He is going to be proud

Great gift and I echo Chuck, he will think of you every time he looks at his wrist. Just a super gift!
jim

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
That's just fantastic, Anthony. A beautiful watch and a wonderful gesture. I'm sure the look on your Father's face will make it just as memorable for you.

Your Pop's a lucky fella!

eric

·
Registered
504 Posts
Anthony, you are awesome!

That's one heck of a great gift

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Anthony, I wish you all the best...what a great son you are. And I truly hope your Dad appreciates it.

Truth be told I'd love to give my Dad a watch but he'd probably just end up giving it away after wearing it for a week...he's that type of Dad. And no, I won't have any surrogate fathers please...

Merry Xmas Anthony.

Glimmer

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
A true beauty Anthony...:-!:-!

I am sure your dad is going to like this one a LOT...;-)

A very special gift.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
That´s a beautiful watch and a great gift. I´m sure your Dad will love it.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I love stories like this;-) That is truly a great gift you got for your father. There is no doubt he will love it!:-!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I am wearing it right now (only for test purposes to see how well it runs!) and I find myself looking at it too much.

I just wanted to add : Its amazing how comfortable this kind of watch feels on wrist, its extremely light, keeps very accurate time, and its such a classic with classic beauty. Its so light that it allmost feels I am wearing just the strap , after all somewhat heavy Speedmasters and Seamasters I am used to wear.

Speedmaster is still the only one for me, but this watch (and Constellations generally), are something very very special, I have to admit...Its blasphemy but I think on some level it is more beautiful than..*ahem*...Speedmasters..*ahem*..

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
It was (and still is) a great christmas, and we all get together to share presents and talk this and that. And of course, new (old) Connie was in one of the packages :) He loved it, and asked two separate times if its really automatic :) Also we get to hear how darn expensive it must have been, and we shouldnt have bought that expensive one for just a christmas present, but if you ask me, it was well worth the price.

His father had exactly similar watch,but he remembered it was bit smaller. Anyways, we all talked alot about watches and Omegas, and I did mention this one I have to bring still to regulation, since its about -10seconds off in a day. He didnt think its so big problem, but in a month, thats like -5minutes :)

Also we noticed, it might be good idea to buy somekind of bracelet to the watch for summers, anyone have any idea what kind of bracelets fits well with Connies ?

Heres Connie finally on rightful owner , and I wish merry christmas to everyone with this pic.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I wish I could see your dads face when he opened your present...:-!:-!:-!

Priceless, what a great gift Anthony....:-!:-!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts