WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

661 - 680 of 873 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,948 Posts
Non-Omega owner...yet. Have my eye on the Aqua Terra but can't decide between the silver, blue, or black dial.
Kinda looks like Playa del Carmen. As for agonizing over which AT, welcome to the club. Most of us have struggled with the dial color choices. I've owned a grey, an opaline silver, a Skyfall blue, and now finally another opaline. I was a serial owner, but quite a few have more than one color in their collection.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Kinda looks like Playa del Carmen. As for agonizing over which AT, welcome to the club. Most of us have struggled with the dial color choices. I've owned a grey, an opaline silver, a Skyfall blue, and now finally another opaline. I was a serial owner, but quite a few have more than one color in their collection.
Very close...actually it's in Cancun. We love that entire area from Cancun to Tulum.

So, is it safe to assume you like the opaline best? It seems to be the most formal, yet very versatile. The blue is unique and arguably the best blue of any watchmaker. The black is simply classic. Ugh!

It's a great problem to have though.

Maybe I need the golf version to have some green to go with this photo!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,948 Posts
Very close...actually it's in Cancun. We love that entire area from Cancun to Tulum.

So, is it safe to assume you like the opaline best? It seems to be the most formal, yet very versatile. The blue is unique and arguably the best blue of any watchmaker. The black is simply classic. Ugh!
Daughters!!!! You should buy all three ... small recompense for the many worries those two will give you. ;-)

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Non-Omega owner...yet. Have my eye on the Aqua Terra but can't decide between the silver, blue, or black dial.
...As for agonizing over which AT, welcome to the club. Most of us have struggled with the dial color choices. I've owned a grey, an opaline silver, a Skyfall blue, and now finally another opaline. I was a serial owner, but quite a few have more than one color in their collection.
You have a beautiful family, jkleck. It was always the blue for me, but I'll admit, when I went to the boutique and tried on all three, I wavered a little. I wanted all three. I think my 2nd choice would've been the Opaline. I'm not big on white dialers usually, but that Opaline was a beauty. I also agree that almost no one can beat the blue of the teak dial Aqua Terra. I think the Opaline looks the best on those with slightly darker skin tones. I like the subtle contrast.

Reactions: jkleck

·
Registered
38 Posts
You have a beautiful family, jkleck. It was always the blue for me, but I'll admit, when I went to the boutique and tried on all three, I wavered a little. I wanted all three. I think my 2nd choice would've been the Opaline. I'm not big on white dialers usually, but that Opaline was a beauty. I also agree that almost no one can beat the blue of the teak dial Aqua Terra. I think the Opaline looks the best on those with slightly darker skin tones. I like the subtle contrast.
I think I'm getting the blue. If ever there's a manufacturer that got the blue right, it's Omega. it's so neutral, yet uniquely eye-catching.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks for the compliment as well. I'm a lucky guy. My wife might kill me if she knew I posted that photo. It doesn't do her justice, but it's such a fun pic that captures how we view each other.

·
Premium Member
11,948 Posts
I think I'm getting the blue. If ever there's a manufacturer that got the blue right, it's Omega. it's so neutral, yet uniquely eye-catching.
I think you've made the right choice. Hard to argue with the Skyfall blue ... arguably the best-looking blue dial watch out there. :-!

Reactions: Surfrider

·
Registered
126 Posts
Reactions: Ursus and jkleck

·
Registered
736 Posts
I went to barber shop today and told "take 3 and 6 mm from sides..." And before I had time to say anything else, she took 6mm from the top also... Well... I feel kind of naked. Last time I had cut like this was when I went to military service, and that was 1990
image.jpg

·
Registered
14,861 Posts
A sizable proportion of people in this thread has excellent potential as future bond villains.

Chairman Mayo

Sadly, not one is the latest generation Pussy Galore.... And she wore a great watch! Even better than Bond's.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone that has posted a photo or more of themselves, their families and furry friends too. You folks are lookin' good, THANK YOU!

661 - 680 of 873 Posts