WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

New to the forum. Have been lurking and wanted to pose a question. Would a Omega watch be your choice for a watch that you would pass on from one generation to another. My father is looking for a watch for Christmas to buy for me (He is ill) and I want a watch that I will one day pass on. $2500.00 Limit.

Is Omega the correct choice?

·
Registered
8,485 Posts
Hi Meeks and welcome. Sorry to hear about your dad. Omega is a very fine watch! Well made and a good bang for the Buck/Quid. Get one now for they keep going up and up. John Wilson.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the comments. I have been looking quite a bit recently, hours on the forums, magazines, etc. I have realized that i don't just want a couple of watches now. I can see how the forums "fuel" the collecting.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Hi guys,

New to the forum. Have been lurking and wanted to pose a question. Would a Omega watch be your choice for a watch that you would pass on from one generation to another. My father is looking for a watch for Christmas to buy for me (He is ill) and I want a watch that I will one day pass on. $2500.00 Limit.

Absolutely the correct choice. That's why I buy my watches, to pass on to my little one. Sorry to hear about your father as well....hope he gets better.

Forums don't necessarily fuel the fire to buy watches, it all depends on your self-control and discipline, in fact the forums are a fine source of information and camraderie. A lot of fun being here...

Glimmer

·
Registered
413 Posts
Hi guys,

I would say that it is. I will be passed down my father's small collection that was also my grandfathers that include two Omegas-one my grandfather bought, and one that my father bought. Hopefully my Planet Ocean will also be passed down to my future generations along with the former two. For the price range, I think it is a one of the best choices.

Sorry to hear of your father's illness, hope things will get better for him and your family.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Welcome to the forum, sorry it is under a cloud with your father being ill

Yes Omega is a great choice for passing on, as I will be passing my collection on to my grandchildren.

Now if only the kids would produce more offspring I would have a good excuse to buy some more watches :roll:

:oops:

Just thought they could produce girls, then what would I get ??

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Welcome to the forum Meeks. Just to mention what the others have said, very sad news about your father. We all hope he gets well soon.

As for your original question, an Omega would make an ideal heirloom to pass on. I fully intend on giving my son my SMP when the time is right, or, as I hope will happen, I will be in a situation where we can both go into an AD and buy matching Speedmasters.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Good morning Meeks, and welcome. Of course, posing your question to this audience will pretty much guarantee the answer - and I'll join that chorus. In my book, these are fine timepieces and easily heirloom quality. I have the Omegas that both of my grandfathers owned. Best, John

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Meeks, and best wishes to your Father. I just wanted to add my support for Omega as an excellent heirloom watch. We regularly see people sharing stories of the Omega they received from their Father or Grandfather. I'm sure that trend will continue for decades more.

eric

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just wanted to thank everyone for their kind words. Now all I have to do is figure out which one to get. I've spent less time shopping for cars..:think:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Visit a few dealers, try on everything, you will know it when you see it, they just feel "right". Difficult to explain but I am sure everyone here knows what I am on about.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Just wanted to thank everyone for their kind words. Now all I have to do is figure out which one to get. I've spent less time shopping for cars..:think:
Choosing one is the fun part. As you are intending to pass it on, make sure you get one with a mechanical movement i.e not a Quartz model. Mechanical movements can always be fixed, even a hundred years from now.

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Choosing one is the fun part. As you are intending to pass it on, make sure you get one with a mechanical movement i.e not a Quartz model. Mechanical movements can always be fixed, even a hundred years from now.

Good advice, as well as selecting the Omega brand, and best wishes for your father.

mike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts