WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On Hold Pending Funds

=====================================
$200 Paypal only, shipping and fees included domestic USA.

Purchased in April 2012, from a this forum, with apparently new replacement bracelet;
Seller mentioned minor known problems with hand-wind function.
It was a bit more than that, so here's full disclosure:
I took it to my watchmaker, who cleaned and serviced the mechanism and got it running better.
The watch now runs pretty well, and auto-winds, although it's a bit touchy and sometimes stops.
According to my watchmaker, there are three subtle problems that might best be fixed with a replacement gear train and a fresh mainspring. 1) The winder detente is worn, so the winding stem sometimes slips. Lightly shaking the watch will re-engage the wheel; 2) The automatic wheel teeth are are worn with some signs of corrosion, so the auto-wind slips sometimes; 3) the mainspring has lost some tension, so he crimped the end to tighten it a bit; it's holding enough power for now but a replacement spring would improve it. Omega still sells sub-assemblies for older movements, but I haven't checked on this particular one. I think it's better for a more serious Omega collector to adopt this project. It's a beautiful watch and I love the design, but I'm not up to the task, myself.

Dimensions: 36mm (3 to 9 not including crown) x 43mm lug-lug x 10mm thick.
Tonneau shape means it has quite a large wrist presence.
Carbon black hands, radiant metallic dial, Omega signed crown and back plate.
20 mm lug width, brown matte leather strap and Omega SS bracelet included.
Acrylic crystal in good shape, has been polished.
SS case shows signs of past polishing.

The logo bracelet itself looks new, it is in almost perfect condition, worth quite a bit to Omega collectors. I never wear bracelets, so it is in the same condition as it arrived to me.

OmegaGene2Wr.jpg

P1010011s.jpg

P1010013s.jpg

P1010016s.jpg

P1010017s.jpg

P1010018s.jpg

P1010025s.jpg

P1010026s.jpg

P1010027s.jpg

P1010029s.jpg

P1010030s.jpg

To thin out my collection, I'm putting a handful of very affordable vintage and modern watches up to find a good home, nothing urgent. I try to give full disclosure about known conditions. Prices are cheap enough, I prefer to ship only in north America. Selling as-is. I promise I am describing full known condition (veering towards negatives for this reason, knowing and sharing our slightly obsessive WIS nature.) Price includes Paypal fees and shipping USA/Canada first class uninsured. (If you want special shipping we can discuss extra costs.) I frequently post on the Affordables forum and elsewhere. I have purchased many watches here, and sold a few with good feedback.

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Weekend bump

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Several nibbles, but still available.

·
Registered