1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
Looks real, but can't vouch for the hands and dial being original.

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
Does that mean they're still Omega parts, just not the factory originals? I'm looking for something to wear, so how much does the non-originality matter? Also, why do the hands and dial stand out to you? (Genuinely curious)
Usually the letter "A" in the word automatic on the dial has a wider/flatter top than on this dial, so I wasn't sure it wasn't a re-dial. Also, I wondered if the minute hand looked a little short. On a lot of their older watches the minute hand would extend out to the minute markers.

The constellation you linked me to in a PM looked correct in those two areas, but it will also sell for at least $1000 or more by the end of the auction (it's gold capped, and dial looks original to me, and the dauphine hands would have been correct for a 1963 Omega - pre Gerald Genta design which have a C-case and stick hands).

Also, I've never seen a purple dial on a 1960's watch before. It says "original factory purple tone" but it doesn't say if the dial was restored, hence my comments about the printing on the dial.

The T SWISS MADE T markings would be appropriate for the lume pips on the dial and in the hands. It's nicely done if not original, and would still be fun to wear. And the gold plating seems to have not worn through, despite some overpolishing, although the signed crown is quite worn. I know the watch is plated and the case back says "20 microns".

I'd prefer the constellation you linked me to, but this would be fine if you can get it for under $300-400 and you don't mind a "29mm" watch - too small for me. The 34mm Connie is a better size.

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
Hi and welcome
I agree, a reworked dial, as the watch has lume dots and luminous hands that would have been tritium still in 1968.

Here is details of your watch from Omega database
OMEGA Watches: Vintage Watches Database
A

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.