WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first Omega, purchased last month on eBay. I hoped I didn't get hosed for $320 and at least got an authentic Geneve. Seller claimed it was from 1972, which is why I wanted it (year I was born). Got slightly nippy when I asked her to confirm it, that I should have done my due diligence. I honestly can't argue with her. Despite the dial being refinished and a new crystal, my watch guy in Dallas didn't raise any flags when he cleaned and regulated it. At the least, it's pretty.

Any input is appreciated!

Robb

Attachments

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Entry level model but with a great movement. Date should be quick-set. Case is a little over-polished for me and there's a little rust on the stainless steel parts, and indeed it is a refinished dial, but for that money you're wearing what is considered one of the best automatic movements made during the golden age of watchmaking. So I wouldn't be too disappointed.

Looks like the serial number is in the 31 millions. If that's the case you can date production to around 1969

Cheers

Desmond

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Entry level model but with a great movement. Date should be quick-set. Case is a little over-polished for me and there's a little rust on the stainless steel parts, and indeed it is a refinished dial, but for that money you're wearing what is considered one of the best automatic movements made during the golden age of watchmaking. So I wouldn't be too disappointed.

Looks like the serial number is in the 31 millions. If that's the case you can date production to around 1969

Cheers

Desmond
Thanks Desmond! I thought it might pre-date 1972 based on a serial number reference I checked, but I don't mind. I love the way the dial shifts color slightly in the sun.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks Desmond! I thought it might pre-date 1972 based on a serial number reference I checked, but I don't mind. I love the way the dial shifts color slightly in the sun.
Its really a very nice watch. I am jealous. Yes, a bit of the retro look, but I like the retro look sometimes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts